or Connect

Posts by filburt

The Transit App (free, with premium features as subscription) is another good one.
  It's because the adapter has a processor to convert digital signals (from Lightning iOS devices) to analog audio and video.
While optical image stabilization can indeed be superior, Nokia has been caught faking stabilized video footage. So the extent of how much superior it is remains to be seen.
  If iPhone didn't exist, I would most likely buy Nokia Lumia phones. That said, these new phones are pretty disappointing. And Wall Street agrees, with Nokia stock down about 15% following the announcement.   1. iPhone 4S can also shoot 1080p video, with image stabilization. 2. PureView on Lumia 920 is a regression from Lumia 808's PureView, using much more limited image sensor (down from 41-megapixels to 8-megapixels). In fact, it really isn't much different from image...
While dynamic hybrid cursor is nice and all, Apple really needs to improve default cursors. It is often very difficult to locate where the pointer is.
I came very close to buying Sparrow apps during promo period. I am glad I didn't pull the trigger.
Why are you paying $45 for text when you can opt for unlimited family messaging plan for everyone at $30?
AT&T and Verizon realize that days of milking money out of voice and messaging plans are coming to an end. So mandating unlimited voice and messaging is in their (and shareholders') interests.   In retrospect, we have been paying much higher fee for voice and messaging than data. Voice calls over 3G consumes less than 40MB per hour ($39.99 450-minute = 300 MB) and text message consumes next to nothing. So one may argue $40 for 1 GB is actually reasonable in...
I would like to give Microsoft a benefit of the doubt, but they are really doing it wrong. Apple phrased "post-PC" after iPad became a huge success. Microsoft, on the other hand, is using "PC+" before delivering results.
That is true if and only if the resolution remains the same. If Apple raises the resolution in any way, older apps will be window boxed (black borders in all 4 sides), much like how iPhone apps look in iPad. Scaling apps in a ratio other than 2 multiplier results in artifacts of some sort.