or Connect

Posts by filburt

That wouldn't work in landscape mode, especially games.   Having said that, extra height in portrait mode can be useful for display such info, but individual app should be able to control whether they should be displayed or not (should default to FALSE).
  It didn't prompt me at all.
If you think Facebook treats user's privacy like crap, know that Google+ iPhone app will upload ALL your photos on your phone without asking for permission and over 3G. You will need to dig into its settings to prevent this.
Hopefully, all these attentions will improve OpenStreetMaps's data quality. But as it stands, their data is extremely lacking, both in terms of coverage and accuracy.
Given how Sony is laggard in many areas, I can't help but think "four screen strategy" is two screens too many. To me, Sony's PC business is basically a lost cause. Heck, most Sony employees use computers made by other manufacturers. Perhaps Sony is thinking of website as a way to bring "four screen" for PC, but why bother? As for tablets, return of investment seems too limited given intense competitions. That leaves phones and television. Sony is very much a laggard in...
With so few finite frequencies available, getting desirable 3G frequencies (850 and 1900 MHz) can be extremely difficult. T-Mobile was probably banking on semiconductor firms eventually releasing more universal 3G chipset (for its 1700 and 1900 MHz 3G/4G bands). Let's face it. Radio frequency spectrum is a huge mess, especially when you factor in LTE.
It's not like RIM is putting much effort toward consumers anyway (aside from marketing campaigns). They are just selling devices designed for enterprises to willing consumers.
While the review touches just about every nooks and crannies, everything is just glossed over like a comprehensive brochure. Nothing in how mirroring 1080p over WiFi might introduces lags, if any. Nothing about whether Netflix indicates viewed or partially viewed contents. I was hoping for more honest and balanced review from someone who actually used the product for few days.
+1. I am irritated by many journalists dubbing 6th generation iPhone iPhone 5 as well. Since 6 has negative connotation, and given how 3rd generation iPad is just (new) iPad, it is almost guaranteed that iPhone 6 will be called new iPhone, with Apple Support referring to it as iPhone 2012. Regarding the screen size, there is no way new iPhone will be larger physically than iPhone 4S. Side borders and areas between home button and ear speaker might shrink a bit, while...
Samsung may not be wrong today, but he is forgetting one very important thing. TV panel is a commodity. Using its vast resource, Apple can pick and choose among what it feels is the best panel (or good enough). It will then calibrate it, package it in Jonathan Ive's creation, sprinkle with Scott Forstall's iOS goodies, and mix it up with contents.