or Connect

Posts by filburt

Did you actually look at what's available? Although there are some gems here and there, Amazon's Prime Eligible contents aren't much better than Netflix. From what I can tell, a bit worse actually.
Ho hum. Wake me up when Prime Eligible Instant Video does these:Supports Apple TV, iPad, iPhone/iPad touch, Playstation 3, Wii, or Xbox 360 Currently running TV shows instead of classic titles (just handful at that) from each network As it stands and despite all the issues, Hulu+ seems to be the best cord cutter platform overall.
I think it's only fair. It does cost Google money to develop and operate Maps API. $4 per 1,000 views seem a tad excessive by Google's standard though, although Google fanboys may argue that Google is giving you up to $10,000/day free (25,000 free views). One thing for sure. I think it will turn many map-based apps and websites into using alternate maps API (e.g., Bing).
Well, he actually lives pretty modest. His home is valued at about $3 million (and interior is supposedly pretty modest and minimal). Granted he has multiple properties, but he chose to live pretty modest for a CEO of one of the biggest companies in the world.
My only criticism is poor upgrade process from previous version to iOS 5. iTunes does not backup iPhone prior to the upgrade and many of my friends have lost data as a result. Upgrade should be 1-click affair. Furthermore, iTunes should let you beforehand roughly how long the entire upgrade should take. And one should not have to resort to DFU when something catastrophic happens. At the very least, iTunes should tell you how to put iPhone into DFU mode when this...
Wow, Apple's numbers are quite disappointing. Here's what the analysts were expecting. Apple's numbers are on the low-end of the expectations.
In a way, Kindle Fire and iPad sit on the opposite spectrum. Apple provides contents ecosystem to make money from the hardware business. Amazon sells cheap hardware to make money from the contents business. So if you want good hardware and wide range of contents, you pay more and buy iPad. If you want cheap hardware and contents from Amazon, buy Kindle Fire.
From the product order page: "Thunderbolt cable sold separately". So, not only does the product cost $100 more than quad interface counterpart (FW400+FW800+USB 2.0+eSATA), which comes with 4 cables, you need to add $49 to the running total of this Thunderbolt drive.
What about those that have purchased Photoshop Elements 9 from Mac App Store for $79.99? Adobe started selling the app on the App Store on July 19, which isn't that long ago.
Even using my wildest imagination, I see end of the tunnel for RIM. Perhaps it can extend its longevity by becoming a service oriented/software company (providing enterprise mobile services and applications for other mobile devices) while phasing out Blackberry phones in markets where demand is shrinking rapidly.