or Connect

Posts by funkfeend

Brick and mortar stores only? What does Apple have against sheetrock and steel framing? That's what my twelve Walmarts are made of. Trendy hipster bastards! *shakes fist at sky*
It's really not that big a deal. I must have read about a zillion of Solip's posts over the years and he contributes greatly to the quality of these forums.Yeah, I've found that tech journalists can't be trusted with details like these. While it is possible that the subnet did not allow for multicast, he probably meant the two devices were not on the same subnet/VLAN.
@SolipsismX I simply used "this" to refer to the subject of my previous sentence. I'd say I hate it when people don't read or think before posting, but it's really not that big a deal. The ad-hoc wifi idea should work without disconnecting from the WLAN because Apple devices have two wifi adapters now, right? I think that's how AirDrop works. Come to think of it, AirDrop uses BT to authenticate the wifi connection...
Bonjour uses broadcast packets to announce services. This will not work across segments of a complex network unless specifically enabled by IT.
It's still not a word. It's recently been added to an American English dictionary because it is used so much, but it is business babble. If impact means effect, which it doesn't, why doesn't effectful make any sense? Don't answer, nobody cares but me.
You're holding it wrong
Impactful is not a word.
Google wants to know what time you get up in the middle of the night to take a pee.
You're making too much sense! This no place for that Come back when you're angry and indignant... And entitled and feel threatened
Sorry to interrupt the trolling and troll-baiting, but I called an AT&T store and verified that they do charge sales tax on the full, unsubsidized cost of the iPhone. So of you buy from a carrier store, you are literally paying a tax of about 35 bucks on a $199 iPhone.