or Connect

Posts by Thorzdad

You click the "image" button under the text field. It assumes you have the image residing on a server somewhere. It doesn't appear that it allows directly attaching an image.
Well, if it includes a Mac install, it should work. What, exactly, does this error message say?
Is there a disclaimer somewhere on the packaging stating something like "some special features may not be compatable with Macintosh computers"? This has been a long-standing problem with many DVD releases. Windows-only content.
Yup. Got Classic and still use it. Primarily, I run Illustrator9 in Classic. Yes, I also have IllustratorCS in OSX. But I split my work week between home and the office, and at the office I am still on an OS9 Mac. I often have to transfer Illustrator files back and forth between locations and work on them. They have a lot of text in them that gets updated often. IllustratorCS's new text engine does not play well with legacy Illustrator files, even when you export the...
Still, there is definitely something lacking in Safari (or OSX's) handling of some Flash content. Take for instance this website, which runs wonderfully using I.E. under OS9, but is nothing but a dead black hole using Safari. The OSX version of I.E. can manage to display the content (somewhat) but it's a shaky, buggy ordeal.
Gotta disagree with ATM Deluxe being a "terrible hack". It was by far the simplest and strongest font manager under OS9.
Well, we really don't know what the system requirements will be for Doom3/Mac yet. I would think, definitely, the game will be OSX-only. After that...who knows? G5-only. Very probably. Towers-only? With the new G5 iMac, that may be more of a question. Still, even if you include the new iMac, a G5-only game is going to be seriously limited as far as potential buyers are concerned. The video card is debatable. id has made much noise about their efforts to make the game look...
Could be several factors. One being whatever monetary deal id insists on making. The Mac market is pretty small to begin with, and the percentage of the Mac market that would buy the game is an even smaller number. Thus, the return is going to be tight. I'd love to see the numbers on other "hit" Mac games to see just how much of a profit was really made. The cost of distributing a Doom3 is probably the same as distributing any other, cheaper, game. It could easily come...
Welllll...things aren't quite as rosy as all that, I'm afraid. While, yes, id is now busily optimizing Doom3 for the Mac, there remains a very large fly in the ointment...they have no publisher yet for the Mac version. Which is amazing considering Doom3 was, arguably, the most anticipated game release in the past several years. Still, I have to think they are hopeful that one will show up...otherwise I can't imagine they'd waste more time and money on optimizing it for...