or Connect

Posts by jglonek

Did I mention I'm going on a cruise at the end of that week and having iPhones sit outside my house wouldn't work so well (or just not be delivered at all if I have to sign for it)? Not to mention my other phones are already on eBay :)
I ordered mine at 12:06AM. My email says delivered by 9/21, and when I looked an hour ago at the status it said 9/21. Now it says 9/26 like yours.And these are the reasons I don't usually order from the carrier sigh. I would love to know what's going on and that it's (hopefully) a mistake. A week of being paranoid is not going to be fun.Edit: Oh, especially since I just ordered two for work and they said they will be delivered by 9/21 this HAS to be a mistake with the...
A lot of you are saying how this is most likely a completely wrong rumor. Well, I hope it's not! I've been wanting to get a Mac for awhile and scrounging up $799 is easier than $999. Just because Apple is a "premium" company doesn't mean they can't do things like this, and already do. Granted they aren't brand new builds but Apple has the iPhone 3GS/4 around after new models to hit the lower end of the market, and the same with the iPad 2. So if they can bring out a...
Verizon beat the pants off of AT&T with LTE deployment. I've been with CelluCinguAT&T since 2000 but I'm jumping ship when the LTE iPhone comes out. Why? Well, besides the obvious LTE coverage: I live in Florida near I4 now (it was NJ), and Verizon has that blanketed with LTE. For some unknown reason in my house I'm lucky to get 2 bars of Edge signal on my AT&T iPhone. Yes. Edge. I'm sorry but that's just unacceptable. My work iPhone (Verizon) gets 3-4 bars of 3G...
Please please please be multi-user mode for the iPads
A lot of you are saying it won't make a difference, but I can tell you it will make a difference to me. I'm trying to figure out how to get two iPad 3's, one for myself and one for my wife (share? never!), and I've been ballparking everything at $500 a piece, and trying to sell old laptops that we don't really use. So an extra $160 will definitely make a difference between buying one iPad 3 or two.
The stories I hear from my wife about guests and their iPads at SeaWorld... I wouldn't have believed they are used that much either until I saw someone taking a picture of the whales with one the other day. Anyway, I've been leaning towards buying an iPad more and more lately. I think I need to put one of my laptops up on eBay so I can afford one at launch! And then my wife will steal it to use SketchBook Pro constantly
As others have said, it sounds like the publishers are already going along with this. Since we're talking high school books and not college, I have a feeling the publishers are really not making much off of those book sales and I can understand why. I'm not sure how your school was, but my school would reuse the same books until they fell apart. Obviously that's more than one year. So at $15 a piece, say the book was $100, that would be 6 years to recoup the lower cost,...