or Connect

Posts by Ken_sanders_aia

Yet another speculative, uninformed IDC report. The article fails to recognize the exploding middle-class in such 'price sensitive' markets such as China and India. The new class of consumers in those markets are just as interested, if not more so, in brands and quality and user experience than US consumers. To portray those markets as perpetually 'price sensitive' (meaning impoverished) is both arrogant and ignorant of global economic and social trends. For example,...
Oh really? Is Chevron liable for supporting terrorism because the Boston Marathon bombers filled up their tank at their station beforehand? Is Avis liable because they rented a truck to the 1993 World Trade Center Bomber? Is Home Depot liable because they sold fertilizer to Tim McVeigh? Are American and United Airlines liable because they sold tickets to the 9/11 terrorists? Companies that rent trucks or sell gas, fertilizer, and airline tickets are liable now, because...
Correct. Nothing is free. Virtually everything Google does is intended to extract more personal information about you for the purposes of advertising. Period. People are free to participate, of course, but the result is a mess of software products for consumers. Because consumers are not Google's customers, advertisers are. You are the product, not the software...
My reaction to the Google I/O keynote was similar - lots of Apple copying. Google remains an advertising company and is clearly struggling with consumers shifting to mobile apps. And OEMs are tiring of Google leaving them with commodity scraps. Its desktop search monopoly is starting to matter less and less. And Android fragmentation is getting worse, not better. Oh, yeah, and whatever happened to Chrome? What will Apple unveil? Hard to say, but this is really the...
Good Lord... Now we have Samsung Pay, Android Pay and Google Wallet... Soon we'll have Xiaomi Pay... The fragmention of Android continues...
Awwww... Well, that explains it... GT Advanced was led by children... Last time I checked, contracts are signed by two parties... If GTAT signed a one-sided agreement, they only have themselves to blame...
"Android's unrestricted ability to sideload apps (install software that is not signed, from outside of a secure App Store) may be part of the platform's appeal to Al-Qaeda,". Wow, ya think? LOL!
For sure, Google can no longer claim with a straight face that Android is 'open'... That was Andy Rubin's vision, and Google went along to sign up new OEMs and grow adoption, but now that they have market share, Larry is clamping down... What a mess Android has become... And the inevitable Google pushback is starting to appear from many directions...
LOL! Yesteray's rumors are today rumored not to be correct, which is 'disappointing'! Oh my! It all adds up to zero actual information... Now we're left with the 'disappointing' speculation that 'Apple's smart home program is basically an effort to simplify device setup and ensure hardware interoperability.' Well, that's sorta what Apple does, doesn't it? Apple Insider, I generally like you guys, but this type of article is just too funny... Perhaps we should all...
Agreed!