or Connect

Posts by Ken_sanders_aia

"Android's unrestricted ability to sideload apps (install software that is not signed, from outside of a secure App Store) may be part of the platform's appeal to Al-Qaeda,". Wow, ya think? LOL!
For sure, Google can no longer claim with a straight face that Android is 'open'... That was Andy Rubin's vision, and Google went along to sign up new OEMs and grow adoption, but now that they have market share, Larry is clamping down... What a mess Android has become... And the inevitable Google pushback is starting to appear from many directions...
LOL! Yesteray's rumors are today rumored not to be correct, which is 'disappointing'! Oh my! It all adds up to zero actual information... Now we're left with the 'disappointing' speculation that 'Apple's smart home program is basically an effort to simplify device setup and ensure hardware interoperability.' Well, that's sorta what Apple does, doesn't it? Apple Insider, I generally like you guys, but this type of article is just too funny... Perhaps we should all...
Agreed!
You're right about the 4S, I stand corrected...  I wouldn't call it a photo, however, I would call it an obviously Photoshopped image... :)
Oh my... Did it ever occur to the author that we're looking at an image of an iPhone 5 mold with an iPhone 5 photoshopped in next to it, reduced in scale? Looks like the smaller iPhone has magical anti-gravity properties! I mean, c'mon, Apple rumors are reaching a new level of ridiculousness! Can we at least try to apply common sense before publishing fake photos from China?
Mueller arguments (and Samsung's actions) are self-contradicting... If the ideas covered by Apple's patents have so little value, then why didn't Samsung stop implementing them long ago? Samsung's actions are the best evidence that Apple's patents do, in fact, have intrinsic value, and the evidentary record is replete with the opinions of Samsung executives that the features were important to copy... Mueller should share his opinions with the U.S. Patent office, if he...
It's pretty clear that there were many slide-to-unlock options, Samsung chose to ignore them and instead implemented something that Apple had patented...  What was that infingement worth?  Hard to know...   One can reasonably argue if the USPTO should or should not issue patents for things like slide-to-unlock, but once they do, competitors are obligated to 1. implement another option or 2. negotiate a license fee paid to the patent holder...  Samsung did neither...
Let's see, this article speculates that Apple's margins might be doing down because of the China Mobile deal, and then speculates about various terms that Apple might have agreed to that caused the ostensible margin compression...   This is a rabbithole of speculation disguised as an article...   Please, editors, share facts and information, or at least well-informed rumors, but not layers of guesswork!
Yes, there is a hidden agenda and/or point of view in these reports, and these companies are often fatally conflicted by reporting market data about companies who are also paying them for services to 'influence' consumers...    There is no mystery why there is a huge disconnect between the 'market share' statistics and the actual web usage of these devices...  A. You can't do a whole lot with white box devices running Android 2.2, B. Lots of them are sitting on shelves or...