or Connect

Posts by macFanDave

With such a gap between the speed of the court and the speed at which smartphones and tablets are currently advancing, Apple's course of action should be obvious: blatantly rip off any good ideas from any of the competitors and incorporate them into the iThings. By the time the courts get around to taking action, the device in question is at least two generations in the past. I really don't think there are any features from Samsung, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry,...
I find the "it means everything" tagline to be very weak.  If you've ever watched "American Idol", "America's Got Talent" or any other of these reality TV abominations, you see the ritual of the judge or the host ask a contender what winning would mean, and the idiot contestant invariably says it would mean "everything."  That sentiment has become meaningless.   And don't go with "amazing."  That word has lost its meaning as well and belongs on the jibber-jabber...
Why are we looking at that guy's underwear?
Oh, well, there goes another $50 off the AAPL stock price!! Android is dominating the malware market -- Apple is dooooomed! You mean the Samsung Galaxy S4 has a bigger screen and get help me get my money stolen!! I gotta trade in my iPhone and get me some of that!
I see China's utter disregard for the IP of foreigners as being analogous to Germany's militarism in the 1930's. I see the same feckless response to those who are witnessing the blatant violation. Whether it's going to be limited to a US vs. China confrontation, or whether it's going to be WWIII, I don't know, but their egregious theft of our technology will require a response.
>>Um, an agreement not to compete would not be looked at favorably from an antitrust point of view. Non-compete and exclusivity clauses are pretty standard in business contracts. It's not like Apple is asking TSMC to exit a business it is already in, just not to start such a unit. Yes, TSMC can continue to make components for other companies, but if Apple shares proprietary chip designs with them, they can insist that they are the only customers.
I hope Apple gets am ironclad agreement with TSMC that, if they want to supply components to Apple, they won't also compete with Apple with consumer products. Apple has been f'd over during its entire history by backstabbing suppliers. Microsoft, Adobe, Motorola, Google and Samsung all got tremendous opportunties by working for Apple and then ended up showing their gratitude with betrayal and theft. The Microsoft debacle was a complete botch on Apple Legal's part as...
It is so obvious that Amazon ripped off Apple that any other verdict would just reveal how broken our "justice system" is. I hope that the correct finding will include a painful financial penalty to punish Amazon for their hubris in thinking they are above the law.
I wonder if I could get a wearable iBeacon that's less chunky than purported iWatch. I'd like the iPhone's passcode lock to activate if it gets more than, say, 6 feet from me. It makes more sense than time-based locking. Also, I'd like my iWatch to ping me if I get more than a few feet from my iPhone. So many possibilities. . .
This is really clever stuff and should rightfully be generating more excitement in the tech press.   Apple should simply have claimed to have invented a better battery.  This would be easier for the morons that call themselves tech journalists and financial analysts to comprehend.  Giving the details how Apple achieves superior battery life appeals to us geeks, but it confuses the idiots whose pea brains shut down before they get to the result of longer battery...