or Connect

Posts by macFanDave

I wanted to get out, but they kept PULLING ME BACK IN! I just think Farmer's reasoning is lame. Certainly not worthy of being called analysis. Had he mentioned, for example, something about whether Apple will be able to make a dramatic improvement with the portables (iBook, PowerBook) by using Freescale or IBM dual-core chips before the Intel switch, I'd have given the analysis more credence. I was pleasantly surprised by Apple's hardware sales in the first quarter...
Thanks, but I already have a lot. Also, I am between houses and I am currently paying two mortgages, two electric, gas and water bills, so this is not a time for me to be reducing my cash. To those who squealed with delight over Apple's drop yesterday over the iPod nano screen issue: the stock recovered almost exactly half of that loss today.
Not exactly. How dare an analyst say stupid bad things about Apple! I complain when analysts say stupid, good things about Apple, too. I remember when some analyst claimed they knew how many iPods Apple was going to sell in the next year with a precision of four significant digits. It was something like 14,720,000. Why didn't they just say "about 15 million?" It was just pompous to claim such a gift of prophecy. So, if an analyst feels the need to open his or her...
Is it so bold to use the very same word you use in your own "From:" tag?
Not particularly for Farmer. I detest analysts in general.Having been convicted of certain crimes, it is hard to say how ML makes its money. They may be making money using as yet undiscovered frauds. Also, your metric of $22B in revenue is irrelevant. On how much invested capital was this revenue generated? How does that rate of return compare with other institutions and individual investor over the same time frame? Obviously, these stats must be pathetic or else you...
Look at the first post in this thread, you stupid fuck! I specifically address all of Farmer's arguments. When "due diligence" is limited to looking at an 18-post thread, you've got to be pretty lazy to not do it.
GatesOfHell is right. I've been investing in Apple since 1997 and MOST of the time, I went against the analysts' opinions and have made lots of money doing it. I don't know about the majority of the people on these boards, but I do know that I am MUCH smarter about Apple than any analyst and I have a track record to prove it. One problem is that analysts have to cover entire sectors, but I only care about Apple. If one of these firms wanted to hire me to research Apple...
Idiot! The Intel transition will only help Apple's market share. Early reactions to Vista are a giant BFD. It's well-known that Vista is not much different from XP and is still plagued by The Registry, the playground of malware authors. And as the buyers of new iPods levels off, veteran iPod owners will be buying replacement iPods, whether it is because their first ones broke or they like the new features on new models. Stupid shallow analysis. Richard Farmer...
They're pulling the ministores and replacing them with nanostores.
Black more popular than white?! I thought that having our country's underlying racism revealed in the response to Hurricane Katrina would shock us, but I didn't expect a complete reversal! Oh, well, we've had a pretty good run during the last 300 or so years. Anyhow, I was getting pretty tired of being "The Man." Actually, I thought nano sales during the first weekend would be sluggish because no one thought they would be available! When Steve announced them,...