or Connect

Posts by Spacepower

So I was wondering why the government (states) would want to go ahead with the damages trial, when there is a pending appeal? I though it might be a waste of taxpayer money, I asked my lawyer friends: States' attorneys are politicians, they need wins, and a win against Apple is a big newspaper headline win. Judge Cote got the publishers to settle, and found Apple guilty. If the state and class action lawsuit judged by Cote found Apple guilty (which of course it...
I asked some of my lawyer friends about the intention of states asking for a damages trial before the appeal and how that would be a waste of taxpayer money. The state prosecutors want to make a name for themselves and get re-elected
http://cdn4711.net/ac.php?bannerid=347&zoneid=60&target=&withtext=0&source=&timeout=0&ct0= This ad hijacked Safari on my iPad when I came to the Appleinsider homepage, sent me to buy a game , automatically opening the Apple App Store.
Actually I think the tilt screen is great for tripod users.Think of ot this way. On traditional cameras on the tripods, the user has to bend down to use the viewfinder or LCD to frame and focus the shot.With this camera on a tripod, the user can frame the shot while standing fully upright bc of the tilted LCD. Since focus is achieved in post production on the computer, the user doesn't have to bend over for that task either.So this design saves a lot of bending over,...
Sorry for my arrogance, but at the time, I felt like an adult talking to a know-it-all teenager, who always ignores the input from their experienced elders.Has Samsung ever said/defined what the "S" stands for? Jobs said the S in the iPhone 3GS stands for speed, because in that iteration Apple included a much faster processor. Apple used it as a sign of iterations of speed on the same form factor.Why has Samsung put a random S in their phone names? Marketing? To confuse...
Another good comment by GG.I think Apple is asking too much but at the same time, they did so expecting less than 1/2 asking, and they know they can't get any injunctions.In regards to your second paragraph, I agree, although it may be reinforced and become even stronger, as one Apple Patent FM wrote about.Samsung doesn't want to lose face, Asian culture about honor, so they don't want to settle and cross license. Samsung is 0-1 and wants to be 1-1 on wins and losses to...
You seem really naive.It obvious that Samsung wants to have a S7 released before Apple has a 7S or 7s or earlier . That's how marketing works. The intention IS to confuse consumers.Apple used the S to mean speed when upgrading from the 3G to 3GS. Then Apple used it to signify iterations on the same form factors.What does the S stand for in the Galaxy line-up? Samsung Galaxy S(amsung)3,4,5?It's their marketing you feeble minded toad.
The problem is that tech nerds, bloggers, and Wallstreet, think that Smartwatches and "wearables" are going to be the next huge multi-billion dollar market, overnight. Think of all the smartphone buyers who get an iPhone, android phone, or windows phone for $0-100 on contract. Think of the same type of people buying a prepaid smartphone for $50-150 and no contract and smaller monthly fees. These two groups represent the majority of the current smartphone market sales....
Interesting that no one has mentioned FibreChannel 4Gb/ or 8Gb/s. This Intel announce was made at NAB, the crowd that is the biggest user of FibreChannel, beside some data centers. I think Intel sees ThunderBolt2 as a potential replacement for FibreChannel.
Thanks for your educational commentWhile I like some of your intelligent comments on patents, you are being disingenuous thinking, Google didn't purposely announce this the same week,