or Connect

Posts by Spacepower

I'll take it further, if you are serious about spreadsheets, nothing comes close to Excel on a PC. Microsoft will never let Excel on the iPad compete with Excel on the PC, for both financial and competitive reasons.People that do "real" Excel work aren't going to use an iPad nor a MS Surface Pro or RT. They are going to use a 2-3 monitor setup using Windows Excel on PC or Mac hardware.The iPad and Surface are ok for reviewing Excel docs, but no one in their right mind...
Ask yourself, what Samsung product will ever be in a museum as an example of innovation or art? If anything, there might be Samsung LCDs displaying the history of Apple products I jest
Well Samsung and Moto decide that the can withdraw their licenses for SEPs that Apple had agreements with Qualcomm and Infineon/Intel, so now anything goes?I agree with you opinions, but the courts need to decide.
You last issue, this hasn't helped Samsung escape criticism yet.
I don't think Samsung will bring these issues anywhere near a federal court regardless of a single judge or jury trial. Maybe to the ITC, but their comments in the EU would sink their case. Apple may be ok with this.But I still think these issues of SEPs and FRAND obligations need more clarity. The IEEE and ITU have been sitting on their hands.Looking for more info on the Apple/Moto via Qualcomm suit in San Diego.
First you quote a PCMag article, really?Second, it was 2012, will you please post a follow up article about what happened? There would be results by now?Samsung has so many patents as do many other companies. How many are strong, non SEP FRAND encumbered patents?The number of patents doesn't matter, it's the quality. Have you seen how many smartphone/tech patents have been invalidated in Germany? The majority.Do you know why Samsung uses Qualcomm ARM chips in all their US...
Eric, I was kinda of looking forward forward to the SEP and FRAND counterclaims to be argued in court. That stuff needs to get settled once and for all. The Moto/MS was a good start. Of course Samsung withdrew the SEPs, like they did in the EU. It would be silly for them to argue that something they claimed was good for European consumers should be different for American consumers. Samsung kinda shot themselves in the foot when they made those comments when trying to...
When you look at Samsung remember their marketing budget. 10-12 billion, much more than the next four combined.Be honest, Samsung is buying sales, not just through ads but from spiffs and rebates.If Walmart sells an iPad for $479, they (Walmart) are selling them at cost. Hoping to sell something else in the store.When Samsung drops the S4 to $99 from $199 at Walmart, mostly Samsung is eating the cost. 10-12 billion marketing.That's how Samsung is dominating android. That's...
The wording that you quote was a little confusing to me too. I'll let the author defend/correct that.I think that was emphasizing that Samsung's new high end devices stayed the sales/shipped level 2 quarters in a row, which isn't a bad thing.The interesting part is that Apple iPhone sales grew 26% YoY, in the quarter right before a refresh? I'll have to check the dates.The biggest problem writing stories like these is that Apple is more transparent, with stricter...
I doubt that but regardless, which of those four companies will still be selling phones in 5 years? If had to pick two, it would be Moto backed by Google, and LG backed by its conglomerate industry parent.I wonder if Samsung makes more from Android than Google (across all OEMs)?