or Connect

Posts by Spacepower

So is Google going to log all the viewing data into the user's gmail and search profile. That's going to cross the creepy line.
It's not odd, it's just Samsung. They have copied this and other icons ( Photo app Sunflower ) for years. It's just too expensive and not worth the time and effort to sue Samsung over these things. The money Apple could get from Samsung wouldn't be worth the effort.
I found it funny, one of his recent posts, Book Review of a book that he didn't read except the parts that referred to himself. Then he ranted about some Apple employee as a neighbor, and some lawsuit.I've always taken Mueller with a grain of salt, same with the Groklaw crowd. People see what they want to seeI do think that sometimes Mueller is disingenuous.Anyway, GG, I read that second PDF that you listed. It's interesting too, but the LOAs aren't available either.I wish...
I wasn't clear, I meant Rockstar joining the smartphone wars, with their LTE SEPs.I think Google should have withdrawn the wireless SEPs in the US, like they did in the EU.I read that scribd lawsuit. It's interesting, but in the 44 pages, there is only one direct connection of Nortel to a license/Letter of Assurance (LOA) to the EITF. Unfortunately that letter wasn't included in the PDF. There a lot of allegations of reneging on licenses, but the lawsuit can only specify...
From your Foss link"Chronologically, they sued first." They being Moto.Let's not forget Moto and Samsung reneging on their SEP FRAND licenses with Infineon and Qualcomm (respectively) in regards to Apple.The Samsung/Infineon (now Intel owned) license was partially addressed in AppleVSSamsung 1.There is still a pending Moto/Qualcomm/Apple anti-suit in the Southern District of California (San Diego).Even Rockstar (I'm not a fan) isn't stooping as low as Moto and Samsung,...
Let me guess, to use Office for iPad, in an enterprise environment, is going to require MS EMS?
Anybody know the data rate on these 4k video streams?It still amazes me that many digital cameras and phones do1080p @22-30 Mb/s which is the same data rate that we had back in the 1990s with MiniDV and DVCAM standard def.Granted these current 1080p ones use h.264, a more efficient codec, but the data rates haven't increased in two decades. At the same time hard drive speeds and interfaces have improved.Are the data rates the same because the industry focused on...
Hmmm , I don't know what to make of this. As a Mac user for more than 2 decades, I can only think of once where I called Apple. It was issues with an HP 5500 printer I bought with a Mac in 2003 at the local Apple Store, OSX 10.2 or 10.3 Apple tech support was useless, and they directed me to HP, who couldn't solve the problem after an hour on the phone. At least HP called me back the next day and said they couldn't solve the problem after several hours of testing. What...
I'll take it further, if you are serious about spreadsheets, nothing comes close to Excel on a PC. Microsoft will never let Excel on the iPad compete with Excel on the PC, for both financial and competitive reasons.People that do "real" Excel work aren't going to use an iPad nor a MS Surface Pro or RT. They are going to use a 2-3 monitor setup using Windows Excel on PC or Mac hardware.The iPad and Surface are ok for reviewing Excel docs, but no one in their right mind...
Ask yourself, what Samsung product will ever be in a museum as an example of innovation or art? If anything, there might be Samsung LCDs displaying the history of Apple products I jest