or Connect

Posts by Spacepower

This above is Apple's legal argument, that the $10 chip they buy from Intel or Qualcomm is already licensed for SEPs via contracts with Samsung and Moto, respectively. If Apple pays $10 for a chip, and the chipmaker pays the licensor, then, the licensor has no right to double dip for license fees.Samsung and Moto want to revoke those pass-thru licenses, but only in regards to Apple and no other competitor.Apple claims Moto and Samsung can't ask them for money too, bc the...
Should be interesting how Apple fights back via Rockstar/Nortel patents. If Samsung already had a license agreement with Nortel, it remains valid as one of the terms of the sale approved by the Dept. of Justice.If Samsung did not have a license from Nortel for their LTE patents, using Samsung's own LTE patents as an offensive strategy sounds like a bad move.From theregister.co.uk" Nortel contributed significantly to both 4G standards, WiMAX and LTE, with R&D in key areas...
I'll save my comments till later when people start posting stupid stuff.. But I got to admit.. Regardless of Bias DED has has mastered the English language narrative in comparison to most of what is posted online. The writers for WSJ, CNN, BBC, NYT, etc.... Need to hire more people that can write as clearly as DED
Your link offers no proof of Florian linked to Apple. Your link connects to another website, which also doesn't have any proof. The second website links to Groklaw which doesn't even mention Florian being paid by Apple.I'm not sure if he is or isn't paid by Apple, but repeating something from blogs doesn't make something true. At least look for some facts, and then link to those.
The iPad mini is just a big iPod Touch, duh
Regardless of this opaque ruling...l According to this article, Samsung produces 20% of Korean GDP. http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/07/whoa-samsung-is-responsible-for-20-of-south-koreas-economy/260552/ Samsung has been accused of bribing Judges and Politicians. Samsung former bigwig got 3 years suspended sentence and $100 million + fine, and now he's in charge of their Olympic committee overseeing the upcoming games that they are hosting (2018? Winter?)
I always think that the Prada phone is a funny case bc it it was announced in December 2006, knowing that Macworld was in January 2007, with many months or years speculating an iPhone announcement., even more closer to the date.
I've been reading groklaw for the past two months and even though sj isn't paid by anyone involved, she has clear bias and many times admits it. The comments on that website are pure fandroids. Of course you expect apple fans on a website called AppleInsider.On Groklaw "Digging for Truth" website I would expect something unbiased which clearly isn't so. Many of the groklaw articles are personal attacks on FM @ Fosspatents, contrary to the approach he takes of not pointing...
This seems useful but more of a anothe way for Google to collect personal info and target ads.Most of the searches seam to dump the user into the standard search results page.Maybe I'm thinking too far into the future but how is Google going to get people to look at ads in 10-20 years if we have real "Star Trek" - like computers where we don't have to look at the screen, thereby bypassing all Google ads.When computers are smart enough and can give a definitive answer for...
That microphone is based on the famous that David Lettermann used for years. I forget the actual model. Did you ever notice that Jay Leno, Conan, etc.... Everyone else uses a different brand and shape of microphone?Just saying....