or Connect

Posts by Spacepower

The issue here is really for android folks. The people that want "open" and choices are going to end up with 30 choices from Samsung, 2 choices from HTC, one X-phone from Google/Mototrola, and a few by each of the smaller players, Sony,LG etc.... How is this good for an industry? It's like cheering that HP is going to run Dell out of business. That's not good for competition or consumers. Samsung has a huge advantage as both a component maker and smartphone...
The real improvements are "under the hood" with 1500 new APIs. You're complaining about the paint job before you sit in the care, open the the hood and trunk, or turn on the stereo/GPS.The iPhone OS 1 in 2007 was alien to everyone back then too. "No Keyboard" Fail!!! Look at the industry now.
The Brazilian government is very short sighted in their policies sometimes. Brazil could be the center of the next twitter, Facebook, Weibo, etc... It's the government trying to support the manufacturing industry while stunting the growth of the services/developer/software industry. Shooting yourself in the foot so to speak. Brazil as part of the BRIC countries should be focusing on services/software, not make importing hardware more expensive. China already won the...
The AppleTV needs a wifi direct mode. It would be nice to go to give a presentation at another company's office with an iPad or MBP and an AppleTv without having the hassle of setting up the AppleTV on the local wifi network. Companies and schools have be asking for this. I think the wifi chip in the revised AppleTV 3 supports this, but then again the 2010 AppleTV 2 had Bluetooth that wasn't activated until 2013. You never know with Apple.
This is what I find interesting.The import ban along with the cease and desist ( which HTC didn't get ) over FRAND SEPs is one of the most extreme decisions yet by the ITC in the mobile wars.Considering this goes against the FTC/Google agreement, congress calls for reform, and Obama's new opinions.I can't figure out if this is:1. The ITC sticking a flag in the ground to maintain their power and relavance ~ politics2. The ITC deciding to take an extreme stance in order to...
Hmm this sounds like Apple using its offshore money to act like a bank or financier. Maybe overseas money should stay overseas? Apple is doing the same in China.
Can't you just open mobile safari and view all the naked bums you want?I think Apple censors the apps that show naked bums because they could be legally liable for content shown in thoses apps, content that they have no control of. Like kiddie bums.It's all about potential lawsuits. Apple isn't censoring the web, they are censoring apps that they distribute, and for which they can be sued.Maybe you should get your head out of your ass and think logically.
SsshhhhhhMicrosoft might steal your idea.
While I agree with some of what you say, I think the '959 patent against Google Now sounds pretty strong.RefresherApple releases OS 8.5 in Fall of 1998. It includes Sherlock, which I think is the '959 which is eventually applied for in 2000 and published in 2005.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_SherlockI think FOSSpatents wrongly calls this the Siri patent when it is the Sherlock patent.Most of the "searching" (not location specific data) that Google Now uses, is...
VLC isn't on the MAS probably because Apple's restrictions aren't compatible with the VLC open source license. VLC asked Apple to remove VLC for iOS from the App Store.Transmission's open source license probably has the same issues.Skype is probably not on the MAS because MS doesn't want to give Apple a cut of fees for users who use Skype's pay services. There may be other tech resons here too.I think chrome and chromium aren't in the App Store bc Google doesn't care, and...