or Connect

Posts by Spacepower

The calendar 4Q2012 the entire PC market was estimated to be less than 90 million units, that includes Macs and PCs using AMD chips. The iOS device market including iPads, iPhones, iPod Touches , and AppleTVs sold around 80 million units. Lets assume for arguements sake that AMD chips were in 10 million of those 90 million PCs sold. So lets call call all Intel based PCs 80 million and all iOS units 80 million. Intel could have doubled the number of chips they sold,...
Another crappy AI post with little to no insight Another copy and past from mainstream media. If someone read the whole email, Jobs was suggesting price caps, not inflated prices.. Will the DOJ win this, who knows. The government bent over for the banks so they probably want a win. I would hope the the gov won't waste tax payers money if they can't win, but lawyers always want to make a name for themselves so they can be Attorney Generals or Supreme Court...
There's a general lack of analysis here. This isn't an expensive flagship phone like the galaxy S4, HTC One, or iPhone 5. This phone is aimed at young people who would upgrade their smartphone between June and September. Students who upgrade during the summer months or before the next school year. By most reviews, it's a decent midrange phone. If I was an android user I'd be hoping for success. Competition is Good. Even for iOS users.
I'm really confused by the youth of today. They subscribe to anti-gov big brother conspiracy theories and complain about the government tracking them. They also claim big rich evil corporations control the governments. Yet they willingly let big companies like Google track their every move via Google Now. Google knows more about everyone than the government does.
But that doesn't mean that Apple reduces it's price to Best Buy, which teaming up implies, at least to me.Back in the day with some of the $999 iMacs. When CompUSA put them on sale at $949, it meant that CompUSA was making $0 on the iMac and making up for it with $20 USB printer cables. Like Best Buy does with HDMI cables.Minimum advertised price is a whole other discussion.
When a retailer puts Apple products on sale, it doesn't necessarily mean Apple teamed up with them. Did Apple team up with Macmall? Some basic comprehension of retail business is needed here. My suspicion is that Best Buy decide to cut their own margins on MacBooks to sell/bundle high margin accessories such as cables, cases, printers etc.... Insinuating that Apple teamed up with Best Buy is false unless you have some sources.
I find all the Element product line odd on the Mac platform. It makes more sense on Windows without apps such as iPhoto or iMovie, which are pretty decent. It seems more a product as a value added bonus when buying a new camera? In my non-scientific analysis, most Mac users are content with iPhoto. It does more than many of them will every understand. Those that are more serious about photography will buy Lightroom, Aperture, or Photoshop. Or do a subscription for...
I agree with some of what you said but you also have to keep in mind Apple's largest markets.Please don't take this offensively.Samsung large screen phones are targeted to people who only want one device or can't afford a tablet and smartphone. Also people who aren't convinced that each device can be more productive at different things.In Apple's most important markets, many (not all) people that can afford a 4" iPhone 5 can afford to buy an iPad also. That's why Apple...
Thank you Apple. When app descriptions start looking like horrible craiglists and backpage ads, I'm glad Apple has constrained this behavior.
I agree with your facts but not your interpretation.No one thinks 75% of ad money is going to Apple.Apple's income from ads is less than 1% of all of its income.Google on the other hand, has about 97% of its income relying on ads.Google bought android and developed it further so that they wouldn't be locked out of mobile advertising.Let's hypothesize that Google earns 100% of all mobile advertising and that Apple, Facebook, Twitter etc.... earn 0% And that android and iOS...