or Connect

Posts by Spacepower

The funny thing about this Bloomberg article is that Apple hasn't broken grounds and isn't even accepting bids from contractors till May.I find it hard to believe that anyone can accurately predict $2 billion / 66% over budget expenses before a project even starts.Bloomberg is just writing this stuff bc Apple made peace with the Chinese Gov this week and they can't find anything else negative to write Apple or positive to write about Samsung.Bloomberg source:You know,...
First, lets agree that many of these studies are irrelevant. Like many IDC etc... studies, especially the online polls.The results here are factual for those sites but may or may not represent the other 90 of the top 100. The issue here is that many websites want to keep usage data private, or sell it.Why these specific 10 sites? Let's put on our "common sense thinking caps" to theorize.Most likely these 10 sites use the same web metrics/analsys company. That company...
Why just for the hell of it, at least settle for one of every new Apple product for life Probably more lucrative than a free liferime coffee settlement
Just to note, something that Ars and theverge failed to note in their recent iCloud and Apple security bashing articles....iCloud actually uses Amazon AWS and MS Azure ( or whatever it's called ) for much of its storage. The Verge doesn't seem to know that.Just install the app Little Snitch to find out where all your data is being stored.The Vegre is becoming the new NYT, WSJ, Business Insider, with their string of poorly researched and poorly written "hit" pieces. They...
Well said.The biggest problem is that Google Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire changed the tablet industry from 1990s PC style industry to 2009 netbook PC industry in less than 2 years. The race to the bottom in pricing, where ecosystem owners rule and OEMs wither or die.Google and Amazon are selling tablets at cost (maybe less than cost, or a little more than cost) and making their profits from services (ecosystems). How many people are buying (for profit) tablets from Asus, Acer,...
What phone are you using? This will dictate which calendaring protocol to use.If you use Windows 8, then use their calendaring, if android, use google calendar.There's another distinction to be made, the difference viewing calendars VS actually syncing them.Example:On iOS or Mac Calendar, I can view/edit events from iCloud, Exchange, Google all at once. If I edit an appointment on Calendar on my iPad, an event that resides on a work Exchange server, the change is pushed to...
There may be a processor upgrade soon but don't expect retina. 1) retina iPad Mini is too costly to make right now with manufacturing LCD yields. 2) I would guess that non retina iPad mini is outselling all tablets in the same price range combined. There is no pressure to put retina in the iPad mini yet when most tablets lower priced than the mini have 1200x800 or whatever resolution. How many people are buying the Nexus 10? Not 10 million plus a quarter. Android users...
Where do you live?In Apple's home country, no warranty from Apple or any other company gets a warranty reset on the replacement.It's silly logic to expect a warranty reset, bc some people would purposely break their items to get a replacement and warranty reset.I think this whole scandal is the Chinese government's attempt support domestic companies such as Lenovo, ZTE, etc....The majority of mobile phones are made in China, but by foreign companies. The Chinese government...
Did you not read what I wrote or understand the context?Go back to reading 101 and reading comprehension -101I guess the trolls are out.
So it's a survey of people 20-24 year olds. Pretty limited. 45% of them use Dropbox to store their music....... That should read: 45% of them use Dropbox to shre their music with their friends. On another note..... I'm always surprised by the ignorance when "journalists" speak of Apple's struggle with Web Services. Apple had email before Google. Apple had iDisk (2000) years before Dropbox, Google Drive, and MS's drive. Apple had bookmark and address book syncing...