or Connect

Posts by Spacepower

I think Einhorn is right in the lawsuit but is wrong in the big picture. I said the same thing last week when AI and NYT, and Reuters, got the story wrong.   Any which way, somewhere, forget what website, the Apple board won't issue preferred shares without majority approval, regardless if this measure passes via the stockholders. 
  I totally agree. no disrespect to MS employees, regardless of the PR stunt which most probably didn't support.    The MS management is dire need of new blood. Like most large companies, any visionary wil be fired for speaking their mind rather than going with the status quo.    Regardless of fanboy allegiances, MS brought affordable computing to the masses. The problem is that haven't revolutionized mass computing since Windows 95. 18 years with no real new vision....
Anyone remember that MS mock funeral for the iPhone in 2010 when MS had Windows 7 phone release to Master party?   How's that working for them now?   http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/10/microsoft-celebrates-windows-phone-7-rtm-with-funeral-parade-for/
I just want to know if this flaw is real, I saw it on CNET and a few websites before Insaw it here, but not on many prominent tech blogs. Are they avoiding the story bc of their sponsors/Advertisers?    Is this real? Why haven't I seen it on ARS or the Verge?
So consider that Tim cook is speaking at wall street in the morning and sitting at the state of the union at night.     I'm curious what he is going to talk about?     Two things I think of:   1 Bring Apple's money outside the US back at a "fair" tax rate which will apply to to all US based multinationals.. Bi-Partisan negotiations and a win for Obama.    2 Tell Einhorn, Greenlight, and Wall Street to F-Off. Take rich people's influences away and...
So if Samsung innovated I'd get a choice between a Blackberry circa 2007 or a Samsung BlackJack 5 with windows CE. Or maybe android 1.x   Competition is good and imagine how crappy mobile phones would be if Apple never showed up.
So here we have a guy suing Apple to split this later added  (ammended, it has to be amended to some issue).   While from a legal standpoint, he could be right.   From a moral standpoint, this is a guy whose company owns less than 1% of Apple but he wants ( maybe not but could ) that wants to keep the option to use his political and social influences to the rich social elite to get him what he wants, preferred stock etc.  He wants his less than 1% ownership to...
Sorry, I haven't read this article or thread but I posted something under another thread mentioning Greenlight. Some mentioned that they like my post and should be moved here.    Sorry didn't read the thread but here it is....   "The whole lawsuit is about the issue of preferred stock being tied to other issues that are being voted on at an upcoming shareholders meeting.   I can't find the wsj article now but basically the there was issue A and issue B. Apple...
Back on topic...   This AppleInsider article totally missed the mark. But I'll let it slide bc when I read a New York Times blog/article, that missed the mark even more . The WSJ did the best, but put in to fluff.    The whole lawsuit is about the issue of preferred stock being tied to other issues that are being voted on at an upcoming shareholders meeting.   I can't find the wsj article now but basically the there was issue A and issue B. Apple figured the...
To make these things even more complicated, and where most journalists FAIL.We'll use the nice round numbers you two were using, and this is a grossly simplified example.Say Apple makes $125 million in country abc, then they pay 20% tax on the $125 million to the government of country abc, so they now have $100 million sitting in country abc.What most bloggers and even Reuters journalists don't even understand is that the US government gives US based global companies...