or Connect

Posts by _ alliance _

maybe if they didnt charge $9 per person to watch a damn mediocre movie in a theatre this wouldnt be an issue... i spent $19 to take myself and my girlfriend to a movie this weekend (with $2 for parking as well). ludicrous. i wanted to wait til the dvd came out, watch it once, and then throw it away--would still save money.
no, you're missing the point. you keep saying there will be rental stores, but the whole point i'm trying to make is that this idea would mean the end of dvds and hard copies altogether. theregore, anyone without cable and broadband would be SOL if they want to watch a movie (other than at a theatre). how could there be rental stores if there are no longer hard copies. therefore, i hope this never happens. it is way too controlling and i am 100% against it.
rentals of what? i thought the point of this was that this would be the only option...
what about those who do not have broadband and do not have anything but basic cable (which does not support VOD) or no cable at all, but want to watch a movie? i know there are fewer and fewer out there these days, but i guess this would be a forced upgrade.
umm...what if you just want to watch a movie and dont have access to cable/dish/internet?? honestly, i would prefer to have a hard copy of my movie and control what i am doing with it as opposed to renting access to it. this is exactly why i wont ever use napster's service. some people might want this type of setup, but personally, i would never willingly go along with it if there was another option...
stupidest logic i've seen in awhile--poorly thought out all around.
i think losing firewire was the biggest kick in the ass, more than anything else mentioned, but that's just my opinion...
they are for kids. you need a MAN-SIZED ipod-vid.
what a disappointment. not even a drop of rain...
were supposed to do that early this morning, and some are actually finally doing it. the response is unacceptably slow...