or Connect

Posts by Macnewsjunkie

We have been waiting a while for Apple to produce 2 sets of products. First there is the iPad Pro. Could this be an iPad written for OS X that uses sky lake processors? Second there is the Apple TV update that is not a hobby. Gaming on one of these processors could actually be enjoyable. An A9 processor, plus Metal plus a huge library of software from iOS. I am not sure what is coming, but I suspect there are going to be some disappointed Apple Bears in 7 days. The...
I think all this discussion misses the point.  Dr Dre owes these women a face to face apology at the very least.  He needs to do what ever he can to create a society that does not ignore violence against women.  He has both the power and the name recognition to be a force for change and he should do that for himself outside of the public eye.  If he has really become someone who is different than the man who beat these women then he has the opportunity to do something...
Yes in Russia much of the news is directly controlled by the government. The government is also known to post comments on line that conform to their view of any political discussion. This was very apparent on CNN while the invasion of the Ukraine was expanding. Most of those who had pro Putin and Russian comments to post seemed to have problems with basic grammar and usage in their posts.
No he did not test the code on multiple boxes, but the code itself is very simple.  On a well written operating system like OS X it should not be a problem.  It maybe a problem, but I have not seen any on my iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2010).  I am not using this for secure operations like credit card processing.  It is my email and web browsing box at work.  I did not apply his code because it was not compiled.  I used the other link I listed above.  The code hung just after...
I found a bit of code from another Mac developer that added on Todesko's idea to his code.  I did get it to run on my computer and it hung on the restart.  Seems to be working now, so either I am safer or I am worse off because my computer may become unstable.  So far it looks good.  I naively did the install because of how short Todesko's code appeared to be.  Here is the link to the developer that added Todesko's hack to his compiled code:...
I am not sure that this kid did the right thing, but he did post a simple bit of code that allows this to be fixed.  I was wondering if anyone would be willing to post a "how to" for patching your own machine.  I am less leary of adding this bit of code then putting a whole new beta version of OS X on my iMac.  He also pointed out that the code will help with other exploits.  You should take the good with the bad. He posted the exploit too soon, but he vulnerability looks...
I understand why someone who seriously values privacy and freedom would do what Mr Snowden did, but I do not think that his actions are such a slam dunk as a win for freedom. The recent reinvigoration of Russian and Chinese territorial ambitions, is not something that can be ignored as context for what has happened as a result of what Mr Snowden has disclosed. If his actions have not made the world a more dangerous place, they very likely did not make it any safer. ...
Apple seems to be competing in more and more areas. I am no expert on music, but the service looks worth my nickel. The only problem I saw in the keynote was the lack of transition or fade between Mr Cues various music selections. Is it that hard to make the transition from one type of music to another more smooth?? This is exactly the kind of thing that would have driven Steve Jobs nuts!
I would love to see discrete PCI video card support from the fiber optic version of this connector.  Adding a small PCI card with a USB 3.1  connector could make lots of graphics intensive scream.  A mac mini size graphics module would make Apple TV or a Mac mini a real game playing machine with lots of bells and whistles without adding anything but USB 3.1 to the motherboard.  The Pro's would get an upgrade to the high end iMac.  The lack of multiple monitor support on...
My comment was meant to avoid argument not be a definitive description.