or Connect

Posts by Macnewsjunkie

I understand why someone who seriously values privacy and freedom would do what Mr Snowden did, but I do not think that his actions are such a slam dunk as a win for freedom. The recent reinvigoration of Russian and Chinese territorial ambitions, is not something that can be ignored as context for what has happened as a result of what Mr Snowden has disclosed. If his actions have not made the world a more dangerous place, they very likely did not make it any safer. ...
Apple seems to be competing in more and more areas. I am no expert on music, but the service looks worth my nickel. The only problem I saw in the keynote was the lack of transition or fade between Mr Cues various music selections. Is it that hard to make the transition from one type of music to another more smooth?? This is exactly the kind of thing that would have driven Steve Jobs nuts!
I would love to see discrete PCI video card support from the fiber optic version of this connector.  Adding a small PCI card with a USB 3.1  connector could make lots of graphics intensive scream.  A mac mini size graphics module would make Apple TV or a Mac mini a real game playing machine with lots of bells and whistles without adding anything but USB 3.1 to the motherboard.  The Pro's would get an upgrade to the high end iMac.  The lack of multiple monitor support on...
My comment was meant to avoid argument not be a definitive description.
The real market share numbers should be on a $ in sales rather than 1 unit sold. Dropping your price to increase market share only works if you are the dominate player with current control over the market. There is no dominate player in unit sales. There are dozens of companies selling Android and Android knock off phones. There are no advantages for these companies except for price, brand prestige, and design specs(all of which cost money to add to their products). ...
Have you ever complained about compulsory auto insurance? If not you found a problem in a creative way that never was important to you. I suspect you logic is warped by your prejudice or self interest.
I think you are looking at the Chinese long game in negotiations. The strength of their system is the very long view of politics. China needed the west to avoid a soviet style collapse. Such a collapse would have been an apocalypse of the first order. 100's of millions of people would die and the long term consequence would all be bad. The idea that the tail in Hong Kong could wag the tiger is silly on the face of it. What we are betting on is a slow cultural...
Steve would not do this given old tech limits. There may be a touch pad box and full OS X access. Imagine how haptic feedback would change the design parameters.
I want the Federal government to step in when the local politicians are bought up by utilities to create local monopolies.  That is what this is about.  In several states, like North Carolina, it is illegal for a town to offer network access as a municipal service.  This was done by Cable company lobbiest's to keep the prices for their service high and restrict competition.     In Davidson NC, the town offered a low cost high speed internet utility which was particually...
The most cool thing about the new Apple Space ship campus is the fact that it is designed to move. Sure it is only supposed to move 4.5 feet in any direction, but all those orange colored squares early in the over fly of the central building are huge ball bearings designed to allow the building to move in the event of an earthquake. No this is not a star ship Enterprise, but damn it is still cool. Those preformed pieces of concrete that are being placed over the ball...