or Connect

Posts by Macnewsjunkie

I wouldn't put your hopes on anything more than a weak version of 3. Apple has the IP, but juries are notorious in these cases as being not much better than a flip of the coin. I think you can expect Apple to lose this case on some level. The really interesting possibilities for Apple are based upon what they announce in June. Serial Innovation becomes more and more difficult to copy. Even if Apple only fights Samsung to a standstill on the prior theft of IP, if they...
If I were Apple I wouldn't waste time suing a Amazon. They are selling you a phone that makes it easier to sell you Amazon products. This is a company that has no earnings. They won't survive the first downdraft in this market because the don't have the capital reserves. Apple has looked weak over the last 2 years because they lost faith with their main supplier of screens just as large screens became popular. It took every bit of 3 years to get investments in new...
I am really hoping the next generation 12 inch macbook air with Broadwell that is rumored to be replacing the current model is evidence that we will see 14 and 16 inch macbook pros. High def screens need more real estate. A 16 inch macbook pro would be stunning. The 14 inch would be much more compelling than the 13 inch. The next mobile GPU from nvidia will also bring much better performance per watt. At least if the 28 nm 750 ti on the desktop is any indicator then...
I think all analysts are missing why Apple made the 5c. They made it because of the debacle in manufacturing costs for the 5 and the lack of new machines to make the 5s. We will see a 5cs this year because Apple needs a lower cost of goods to raise their profit margins back up to where they were before 2013. If Apple had continued to make 40-45% gross margins on the sales of it's products in 2013, then there still would have been record profit increases and the stock...
Apple has been starting up whole new categories of devices. They are a startup company, or at least for the last 15 years the company. The company was built on new devices and connections between software and hardware. Apple's real weak spot was exposed when they had the falling out with Google. Apple just does not seem to have anyone at the highest levels of management that understands the Cloud on a technical level. Apple's real claim to fame has been how they have...
I will be getting 2. My eyes can't stand the small screen, and my wife has already broken her phone by letting the kids dip into the olive oil at the restaurant. I think demand for a big iPhone will be off the charts. We have all been waiting for a phone that is easier to use. This will help a lot with missed key punches and less headaches from reading small print.
I think you are right about moving to those sizes. The 13 and 15 inch MacBook Pro retina are both too small. Hopefully once the initial ramp up of screen production for the new iPhones has settled down Apple will be able to find enough screens of these sizes to make that work. I suspect the current manufacturers make screens that are more easily divided into 11, 13, and 15 inch screens. Apple has the necessary Capital to make something like this happen even if it...
I think that this earnings report will offer a last chance for a really good price on Apple stock over the next 3 years. If Apple drops to a PE of 12, you can expect Mr Cook to throw down another 15 billion to buy back the stock. That will remove another 3% of stock outstanding and continue to make the remaining shareholders wealthy. The really funny part is that even if some of the Institutional owners would prefer to keep the stock, if they are part of a index fund...
Of course the last time Samsung was obviously caught out not following court rules (passing evidence of Apple's contracts to other branches of the same company), it turned out that somehow Apple's lawyers had made the same information public without noticing it. Samsung may be slimy, but you can't deny that they are equally slick and seem to avoid any repercussions on anything they do. It seems like they always manage to get away with any subterfuge they try. The CEO's...
Both Apple and Samsung have dropped patents from this suit. This does not necessarily imply that those patents have no value. What this means is the patents pursued in this were chosen from a group of patents to be the strongest in the original class chosen by each plaintiff. In this suit Apple still has 5 patents that are actively being considered by the jury. Samsung has 2 patents that they bought, at least one of which they already were paid for by other parties and...