or Connect

Posts by Macnewsjunkie

The real question for Apple over the long term is will this lead in app quality continue or just drop off once Android products become ubiquitous? I am not sure, but I suspect that the same drive for the lowest possible price is forcing Android tablets in particular to be much weaker substitutes for general purpose computing. I am currently getting a new computer system for my restaurant POS that is based upon the iPad. Breadcrum POS is owned by Groupon and it comes PCI...
Perhaps there would be less cannibalization of Apple's line up if there were a few more moves to leverage the success of the iPhone and iPad.   I would like Apple to consider is adding either an emulation layer to run iPhone software on a Mac or adding an ARM chip to the system so Macs could run all the software in an iPhone out of the box. This would help development and add lots of new software options to Macs.  Emulating PC software on a Mac to make Web services...
Anyone ever suspect Apple will add an A7 chip to all it's macs? It would be really cheap, increase available software, extend battery life or save power when surfing, unite the 2 seperate platforms, and make testing iphone software easier for developers. I am not talking about dropping intel, but using both chips like nvidia does with its descrete processors.
Intel just announced that they are delaying their 14 nm Tic or process upgrade by one year.  We are watching Moore's Law die a slow and steady death and Apple seems to be the only company who has all the pieces in place to take advantage.  They have their own low power processor, an advanced OS that they are making more and more energy efficient, and if the current trend continues not having a FAB could be a huge advantage. Intel is waiting for some new technology that...
I think the good enough factor has definitely started to happen in smart phones. Apple is unique in their planning and thinking about this problem. They have always expected this to happen and they have a whole playbook of new features to add to the iPhone which will help to continue to differentiate the iPhone from Android and make the iPhone stickier. Skating to where the puck is going to be is the plan and has been since 2001. People complain about how Apple lets...
I agree that the "hobbiest" comment was not warranted or even realistic. Android has real strengths including: customization, geek appeal, and broad market penetration. I like Apple and believe they have really made some real strides in the market over the last decade, but they have not gotten the cloud or the web tamed in the same way they have devices. It is way too hard to get cloud back ups set up and working. Complexity has taken over and weakened the most basic...
I am a democrat who wants a government to collect all the taxes owed. Apple does not owe taxes on money earned and spent overseas. To say otherwise is to expose yourself as an incompetent in tax law. If there was some effort to make overseas income out of American earnings then yes Apple would be paying less than their fair share. If you don't like the rules then change them, but don't be surprisd when all your trading partners jump ship because you attempted to take...
No way. Steve Ballmer sees himself as a tough guy who made his millions the hard way...he fought tooth and nail for them and no upstart Apple computer is going to cut into his success.  Microsoft is used to lying about their software with check boxes that said they had "features a,b,c,d,e,f" and their competitors had only a few of these features or charged more money for the same features.  The truth is the Microsoft software never functioned as well and crashed more...
I am increasingly of the opinion that there is no news that can be trusted with regard to Apple. Every one has made up their minds already and are simply following the information that proves what they already know. Apple 2.0 and Asymco are the exceptions to this rule. They both attempt to ask what is wrong when they make a mistake. Appleinsider is too interested in collecting information to ask questions or report on their errors. See Apple 2.0's reporting on the...
I had to recently replace my wife's iPhone because it was stolen. She was at fault for leaving it in an unlocked car in our suburban garage with the door open. The creepy part was the idea of having someone going through our property at 530 am while we were sleeping there. I have some ideas of how to improve security around our house. Apple is not "at fault" for my wife's carelessness. It would be nice if the difficulty of selling an iPhone could be increased. I am...