or Connect

Posts by Macnewsjunkie

robin, read the last few lines of the story. They did, but only got pennies on the dollar for the second go round. In a word, no it did not work out. When someone offers you stupid money to do the best you can possibly do, then take it and give it your all. The results win or lose will be that will know whether you can do it and you will already have enough money to do it yourself. This is why people are paid salaries. Salaries don't give you enough money to start to...
I think you are missing the big picture here.  Everybody does not upgrade on the month of a new version of a phone. There is a staggered number of phones due for upgrade every month.  If Apple does not produce an updated phone every 6 months then a well timed upgrade like the SGIII can take market share away for over 3 or 4 months until the next refresh comes along. Apple does not want to be selling year old tech when they can update on a more regular basis.  There are...
You are not comprehending what Apple is claiming.  They are saying they pay 2.5% of all taxes paid by all corporations.  Their tax rate is not even mentioned here. It is a number that gives you an idea of how large they actually are.  I am not at all sure what percentage of corporate income Apple earns but it is probably more than one percent.  
It is really fascinating how generic and bland these patents become after competing between controlling some original idea and not giving away any future plans for development. I would also agree that the system on a chip idea is not new. The flexible substrate is probably the item that is different enough to attempt to patent. I would expect most of this to be generic enough to fail in lawsuits over extended litigation, but I am not sure that this is nearly as...
I agree that this is not news. I would comment that Apple has switched to a semi annual refresh due to competition from Samsung's newest phones. Apple let Samsung take away market share by not offering a semi annual update. I doubt they will make that mistake again. The iPad refresh was the first example of this. I expect the cell phones to follow.
It is also just plain good financial planning. If you already hold 200,000 shares you have plenty of personal exposure to Apple's stock price as it moves upward. Politics aside, I don't see what is so controversial about allowing temporary tax reductions to expire? We would certainly not be quite as deep in the can if we hadn't done the reductions for as long as we have. I personally think the best outcome for us all would be for the country to take it's financial...
What is the admission of guilt? I believe that is what Eric would prefer you to assume. It is really just a good legal strategy. It is always easier and safer to try to win small victories. If you find out you made a mistake or if you didn't know all the facts you have not boxed yourself in. It is an admission that the legal system surrounding patents has a large element of luck involved. You will never know who is going to wind up on the jury to decide who owes...
I don't see Apple having any choice about this. Samsung and Android have already claimed more market share and techie mindshare by introducing their model updates faster. Samsung is really pushing Apple. This is only my opinion, but I am an apple fan and I still checked out the Samsung III before buying the iphone 5 this time. The deal killer for the Samsung phone was it was shut down on the display at ATT. I restarted it, but I don't want to substitute a crashing...
It is possible that they know but it would be a breach of legal ethics if they told Samsung. I would not bet on it being something they can't get a hold of, but if they are found with any evidence of doing so it would not be the easiest thing for Emmanuel to get out of. Any lawyer who breaches confidence of his client would be immediately disbarred. I am not sure what incentive HTC would have to tell Samsung either. They are competitors more than Apple and Samsung are...
Ouch!  I knew that life in China is ugly and mostly unfair, but that is just tyranical