or Connect

Posts by festerfeet

You must be joking, so your dissatisfaction has now moved to the difference between how corporations and individuals are taxed?This is starting head towards a political discussion and perhaps should be continued on a part of the forum set aside specifically for this.
If you suggestion where taken up to tax all activities worldwide US companies would be at a significant disadvantage to all other non-US companies. They would either have to move out of the US completely to run there global business, separate the business completely between domestic and global (non US) lines or slowly shrink and disappear.I can't believe that is what you want.Hat you are suggesting in your second paragraph wouldn't work either. Most countries excepting...
Sorry if it is not clear, but the answer to your question is no.   Apple is not required to bring profits from overseas subsidiaries into the US. It also does not have to pay tax in the US on monies earned by these subsidiaries and held offshore. Apple Inc does not get an offset in it's tax rate on money brought back to the US even if tax has already been paid on these profits in the juridiction that it was generated. Unlike a lot (most countries) the US charges corporate...
No that isn't how it works. Each subsidiary company, although owned by Apple inc is a separate legal entity and subject to taxation on any profits that it makes. That taxation is usually due within the jurisdiction that the subsidiary is based. The subsidiary may use IP, services or products from any of the other Apple companies and is obliged to pay the price for them. This generates cash flow back to the company providing the IP, services or products and hopefully a...
Amazon seem to have an economic model that is all about selling content. It widely agreed that they are making nothing or next to nothing on the hardware and have to make it up by getting people to buy apps and other media.   I am guessing that they are finding too few of their customers are regularly buying content and so a way to get them in the habit of accessing the app store etc would be served well by a $5 dollar token. It might just get a few more to decide...
Really? When I buy something I don't recall being asked how much money I have in the bank as that may determine the price?   With one possible exception. Earlier this year I was looking to park my car in a private car park in China as the public one was full. There were two guys at the gate and one looked at the other and said in Chinese (assuming I didn't understand) 'What do you think I should charge him?" The other guy gave me and my car a look and then said to the...
No, you made a statement different to both what I wrote and what I implied and then just put a question mark after it. This was a presumption of understanding that just quite obviously didn't exist.   I read very carefully what you wrote before replying. Both this and the last time.
Steven, please don't tell me what my view is or presume to pretend you know what it is when you have completely misunderstood my comment.   Obviously it wasn't beyond the wit of man to see I was being facetious as all the other commentators got it. It was on the other hand beyond your's 
"I think that companies should spend their time innovating and competing on the merits of the products they offer — not misusing their intellectual property rights to hold up competitors to the detriment of innovation and consumer choice," Joaquin Almunia, the E.U. competition commissioner, said in a statement on the matter on Monday.   Page laments the tendency among technology companies to sue each other over intellectual property. “The general trend of the...
Couldn't agree more, it is time for a massive update so that iWork can compete with office in functionality. Especially now that office is going to have a bit of resistance moving towards their new subscription method of payment.