or Connect

Posts by festerfeet

So you would advise that Apple should win the battle at the potential cost of losing the war. I am willing to bet you are not running your own company?
You are on AT&T in Chengdu? That must be expensive!
I, agree it would be good with limitations, I have often been loaned books and if I have enjoyed it gone on to buy other books from the same author. I guess most of us have.   Part of the joy or finishing a good book used to be passing it on to someone else who I thought might enjoy it or taking it down to the local charity shop if I couldn't recommend it. Either way I hoped that I had done someone a good turn and introduced an author to someone else.   Although I find it...
Nothing really happened, it is just that analysts predictions generally reflect what has happened in the near past much better that what is likely to happen in the near to mid future. Most analysts are very poor 'emotional' investors as they not only have to reflect what their research indicates but use terribly short timescales of past data to do so. This rarely gives a good indication of what is likely to happen.   There have been a number of studies regarding this and...
Maybe the question is whether Apple produced a New iPad (3) that was as up to date technically as they could while staying within their normal/established price point to the consumer and maintained their profit margin?   I suspect that this is what the court case is most likely to revolve around. If the prosecution could establish that Apple had held back features specifically to change it's refresh cycle and increased it's profit margin substantially over the 6...
I am sure that Apple are always exploring alternatives to the architecture, keeping close to AMD while trying to steer Intel to a roadmap that suits Apple. It would be remiss of a company that big to do anything other.   If and it is a very big if, ARM were to catch up and overtake Intel then it may not be completely silly to consider the options. I know that means running x86 in emulation and there is a Russian company that claims it is running emulation of x86 on...
I was being sarcastic and will use the " /s " next time, but thought it was obvious enough for most.  
Google can add this cost to whatever they have already racked up as a potential write down on the Motorola purchase next year. I think that Google could have stopped this from happening but decided to let this practise to continue as an experiment, to see how the regulators worldwide would react (or the courts). Abloddy expensive experiment.   I spent a day with a former Moto exec earlier this week. He was partly responsible for getting the company into China and...
Apple is such a patent troll, they are abusing their market dominance to bully other companies...............oh................wait 
It is nearer a pound and I think I could learn to live with it. I do spend a lot of time on long haul flights but I think even this is do-able as the retina is slightly smaller than the previous 15' MBP.   I know Apple doesn't make machines specifically for me but makes a call on what spec they believe is correct for the market segment they are aiming for.   This is going to be my main machine which I use in multiple offices but have a screen in most of those offices I...