or Connect

Posts by festerfeet

First reaction was disappointment. This machine lacks almost any upgradability option and is just a bit to rich in it's asking price for what it offers to me.   The machine I was hoping for would have almost all the possibilities and longevity of the 15" but in a more portable package. I would have been comfortable paying a premium for that but either I sacrifice power and have to consider an upgrade in the too near future when Apple can offer a discrete GPU or lug a...
Yes, I know of people who make a significant purchase like and iPhone or iPad and are really stretching their budget to do so. Therefore they are able to rationalise the risk of using a cheap non-approved cable because they can't afford anything else. Like you I don't choose to take that risk and we seem to be in the position that for a relatively small cost we can or choose to avoid that issue.   We have a lot of staff that are paid well and fairly in China who earn a...
I have a great deal of sympathy for anyone in this position. I choose not to to buy non-licensed cables because it seems like a poor plan to risk this until the products are seen to be safe but that is my choice and it is an affordable luxury. This is not the case for everyone.   On the other hand it is still not clear how these cables work and what they are for yet. Hopefully we will find out next month. By getting a knock-off cable now you could be risking damage to...
What, you are not happy with your New iPad?   I am very satisfied with most elements of the new iPad and so what if a new one comes out that is a bit better, it was going to happen sometime. I get it that is nice to have a new and shiny thing but just because a new model comes out, what does it really matter?   On the front facing camera, yes I can see that as being an improvement worth making. The current camera is functional but the colours are way off, everything has a...
As the cost hasn't changed in the US and the price for 2012 has gone down in at least one region, I guess this is more to do with the Euro not being as strong against the Dollar this time around.
Hmmm this could be a toughie, I would go for the specs of the 15 inch in a 13 inch package if that makes sense. The 15 is just a bit too big and heavy for my needs but I wonder if the 13 will be up to the job. Maybe it won't be too long to find out now.
Could Amazon want this division for something else entirely? They have a pretty serious cloud computing business and mobile chips are starting to look like a realistic choice for some types of servers now.
I think this is just too optimistic, I can't see retina minis until the next years refresh.
Newsstand is definitely hampered by it's content. Some publishers have made great strides in using different media including video, pictures and audio to enhance what you would get with a paper version but sadly they seem in the minority.   Too many publications are lazy ports of the print version adding nothing or even losing some of the paper copy.   I hope that more publishers will catch on that this is a convenient media for some if executed well. Maybe more...
  Yep, both phones are using the same location and language settings, the only differences are one is a 4 the other is a 4s and one was from the US and the other from the UK. Both were updated over there air so couldn't have been affected by any settings on iTunes on our respective machines, we are at a loss to explain. My colleague is considering a reinstall but as his 5 is now in China and should be with him in a few days, I am not sure this is a priority for him unless...