or Connect

Posts by festerfeet

Latitude may be a problem but I don't have recent experience (I find it a little spooky but that is personal taste). Latitude access, like a lot of google services used to pretty spotty anyway, pretty much all Google apps are unreliable since they moved their servers to Japan unless you turn on your VPN. Google did have a licensing issues with maps and from what little I know about the situation, it does not seem that their service in China is going to improve without...
I agree, the maps are definitely better than GM in China, a significant improvement.   Maps are much more detailed and search is more reliable. They are also more up to date both in the map and the satellite images for most cities I have checked in China. The GPS is also less 'offset', this might be useful if I ever need to use the find my phone feature as google maps could be up to 1/2km off at times, making it absolutely useless on GM. This may help make up for...
I have a recollection that the Google G thing is assembled in the USA and some of the parts manufactured there but not all.   With reference to the answers above, I agree that some of the reasons that the process is not fully automated is that labour in China is cheaper and the rest of the supply chain is more local. I am guessing that there is another reason. To fully automate, one would need to build and program the robots necessary which is an enormously capital...
So Apple hires an AMD architect and AMD hires an Apple architect, I see, is this a conspiracy in the making!
So the DOJ decided to cherry-pick less than 10% of the public comments which suited their argument and dismissed the rest as self-serving.   Does anybody else sense a note of irony here?      
  Hold on a second, I thought the consensus of this case was: 1) Apple doesn't license it's non-essential patents as that's what Apple makes the experience so "Appley" 2) Apple hasn't infringed on Samsung's patents as they have access through their contract with Qualcomm 3) Samsung hasn't infringed on and Apple patents because they are not applicable to Samsung products   If that is the situation how can they be negotiating and disagreeing over worth? Unless the situation...
  No problem, I was being snappy and should probably have left it. Note to self: I shouldn't drink so much coffee!  
  Really?, two people have questioned whether the title is appropriate as a leader to the rest of the article and both made it perfectly clear that they must have read the article as well............or didn't you read the rest of the posts?
Glad I am not the only one who misunderstood the title of the article, I thought it was a case of UK English and US English having different meanings!   Anyway, can someone who know better please explain this 3G dispute a little better to me as I am confused and don't spend too much time on the patent dispute threads.   My understanding is that Apple has refused to negotiate with Samsung who hold a particular 3G wireless patent (which is also a FRAND patent)...
Playing devils advocate for a moment, what if the RIGHT and honourable one for the country is not the honest one. Lots of politicians all over the world have defended morally repugnant actions by claiming to act in the bet interests of their country.Can't speak for the communists either, I still haven't met one in China, although there are a few in Oxford!