or Connect

Posts by festerfeet

My 2011 MBP does generate a bit of heat when working hard but would never use it on my lap anyway.   I picked up a new iPad a couple of weeks ago and the has been fine playing videos (can't say about games, don't have any on there. It gets warm but never too hot or even uncomfortable, maybe I am just not giving enough work to do. 
That came across as a rant.   Perhaps you should be a little more specific in your explanations and less emotional. Yes, China has problems which are very real and others which are perceived because practises are different.   Rather than scaremongering, complaining and firing off gross generalities why not either discuss the topic or perhaps offer some suggestions of how you have actually or could potentially help in solving some of those problems or bridging the gap of...
As far as my limited understanding stretches, voice recognition and response is developed by building a large enough data set to anticipate and interpret speech. This was one of the motivations behind Google Talk, and why Googles competing product Majel may well be pretty good out of the blocks. Siri when bought was not a finished product and it was clear that it would benefit substantially from a much bigger database of recorded speech to improve it. This I suspect...
Ha ha that's brilliant and made me really chuckle just when I needed one 
Absolutely, it could all change again, don't see significant change happening in the near future but as Apple has significant loyalty amongst it's user base, it is more likely that Google are the ones who need to look over their shoulder at this stage.
    iPhone works very well with Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese). there are two input options; 1) either using Pin Yin, this is a system of using Latin Characters to spell out the phonetic version of a symbol, as you start to type the screen will give character options for you to choose.  This is the most used system for texting on a phone or typing on a computer and is very quick. 2) If you wish you can choose to draw each symbol with your finger in the input screen, this...
    The money in overseas accounts has been earned overseas, it is not in some dodgy tax haven and the company has or will have to pay tax on the profit in the country where it has been earned. In most advanced economies once tax has has been paid in the country it was earned, the net amount is allowed to repatriated to the 'home' country without further taxation. The US and a small number of other countries are notable exemptions to the status quo. What Apple and other...
Maybe I am easily confused but you title mentions Google and the body of your post dicusses Facebook. Was this just a typo or am I missing the point here?
The figures are too high for official purchases but too low to match up with users claimed on China Mobile, Telecom and Unicom. But we all know so many iPhones in use in china were grey imports from US, Korea, Hong Kong and Australia plus those sent by friends and relatives from around the rest of the world as well. The other thing that puzzles me is how many iPads there must be in China, I think the figure doesn't feel like it is taking these into account or is a gross...
I think the estimation is probably low I am astounded by how many people have smart phones in general and iPhones in particular. Since the launch of the 4s and the reduction in price for the 4 every other person has an iPhone. Admittedly I live in a large city but I think the appeal of smartphones is partly to do with the lifestyle. So many people seem to have jobs that involve long periods of inactivity/waiting around it makes a lot of sense to have a multi-purpose device...