or Connect

Posts by festerfeet

When someone buys a 4s they are undoubtedly aware of Siri and it may have been part of the decision to make that purchase and therefore has a value in their own mind attached to the total cost. If Siri has not lived up to expectations, it could therefore been seen that the purchase is no longer as valuable to the buyer. The buyer then takes a view as to whether they wish to return the product free of charge and get a refund - Apple are happy to give a refund within what...
I hope the rise of IOS in China means that Siri expansion is a consideration sooner rather than later. I use it in China using UK English and find the limited subset of abilities useful but would really like the geo stuff to be added to enhance the usage even further.
If you just talking about an improvement in the quality of the earbuds, I accept the quality is pretty low but this is not built in hardware and there are pretty good options available on the open market. This means that those that are satisfied with the quality of the packaged earphones know that Apple have chosen to spend whatever they do spend on the hardware that is not easily upgradeable, screen, memory, etc. This makes sense to me but I accept they earphones are...
Can'tremember where I saw the figure but I think last year it was announced that windows 7 was selling at the rate of 3 to 1 to IOS and OS X combined since it's launch if that is any help at all\editNo it was just IOS vs Windows 7http://articles.businessinsider.com/...-iphones-apple
This is probably the biggest differentiator with being an Apple customer. No matter what quality control measures a company puts in place, things will occasionally go wrong and in the long term a company is defined by how they deal with the problem. Apple seems to get a lot of flack for making a profit (and a very large one at that) but by not playing the ultra slim margin game, they are able to afford the service that we have all benefited from or would wish to, should...
I am looking forward to Siri's geolocation being expanded out of the US but have another problem. I an a British English speaker based most of the time in China and the rest in the UK. I am happily able to use Siri with UK English but am not a good enough Chinese speaker (Mandarin) that I will be able to to Siri when it is open to Mandarin. It seems that at the moment Siri is geolocated in the US based on one choosing US English. This will be a problem for me (not...
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/80d74...#axzz1oUJ37MzN I have added the link to this article. This if true creates a problem for Apple and maybe this is why Fugon is pushing for bankruptcy to hurry the process and start negotiations with Apple directly. - Obviously this is complete speculation on my part.
Can we add in Turbo..everyone loves a turbo
I agree with you, the problem is not that simple and the financial institutions who are either creditors, or responsible for the reorganisation (or both in some cases) are making a call that this is the only way out of a hole. But most financial institutions try and make pragmatic decisions based on their understanding of risk (not saying they get it right every time as we have seen over the last 5 years). Chinese banks are considerably more pragmatic that most Western...
Apple (through a proxy) bought a trademark from a company that were no longer using that trademark. They sold it as they were in deep financial trouble and under pressure from their creditors to find and capitalise non-producing assets to repay debts which had built up over a number of years from over-expansion on thin to negative profits. This was a free bit of bunce at the time. They negotiated a price that they were satisfied with at the time and this and a number of...