or Connect

Posts by Mikeb85

Apple can't afford to buy Google.  As much cash as they have, Google's market cap is simply too high (and the premiums shareholders would demand would push it much higher).  
  The issue wasn't that Apple would buy the product for the lowest possible price, but that Apple would guarantee through collusion that their selling price would be the lowest.  It wasn't Apple's adoption of an agency model that was illegal, but rather that they convinced the publishers to strong-arm Amazon into an agency model that ensured Apple's prices would be lower than Amazons, preventing Amazon from selling books in a retail model (ie. Amazon buys at the price the...
  If you buy TSLA you're not going to be getting 255% gains any time soon.  Their run up was because of short sellers covering combined with some buying after their recent good news.  They're overvalued though - right now Tesla has around the same market cap as Tata Motors -  a company which is among the most successful Indian car companies, and also owns Jaguar/Land Rover.     You can't just look at past gains to determine future gains.  Personally, I'm not particularly...
Yes, my bad...  Not used to that around here.
  A P/E of 9.5 is about average for a 'mature' company.  Nothing crazy about it.     If Microsoft eliminated their dividend, their P/E would drop like a rock to ~6...  Right now their value is bolstered by their very generous dividend payout.  
  Considering there's already an Android game console on the market (Ouya), I think it's safe to say if Google is copying anyone, it's not Apple.  You can also build your own, with an Android TV box and Xbox controller (yes it works!).  
  I agree, I'd definitely put it on a desk.  Looks too cool to hide.  But I can see quite a few people putting it on the ground. 
It's a cool looking design, but I do wonder about the practicality.  First, why it draws air (and dust) from the bottom.  Plenty of people put their towers on the ground, but this thing would just get clogged full of dust very quickly.    Seems to me they could have also use a liquid cooling system (you can buy PC cases with liquid cooling), these have existed for a long time, are more effective, and don't suck dust into your computer components.    The new Mac...
iOS 7 reminds me alot of MIUI, which is a Chinese Android ROM that borrows alot of 'inspiration' from iOS, but also has Android design elements.  http://en.miui.com/features.php   Most of the new elements in iOS 7 seems to have come from Android, with a small selection from WebOS and WP8... 
I'm a little curious what's involved in this that's beyond the scope of current bluetooth integration?  As of right now placing calls, using voice navigation, playing music, etc..., can all be done through bluetooth, and you can do all at the same time...  I can have music playing, the navigation will interrupt it, I can take/place a call, when I'm done the music/nav are still running, etc...   So apart from a software update on Apple's side, what difference will...