or Connect

Posts by Mikeb85

Most did, except Lenovo, which reported record sales and earnings last night...
  Guess you haven't used any apps that make use of Google's NaCl API...  Try getting and running 'From Dust' in your Chrome browser.     Chrome can run native binary code....
  If you work at an Apple store, odds are you're more an Apple fan than a serious investor, so I'll give you a hint.     Apple is currently the second most valuable public company in the world, right behind the world's largest public oil company.  How much do you think they should be worth?  
Dart and Go are far from failures, they're very good languages, the Dart VM is quicker than even V8, but for developers I don't think they're compelling enough to switch from JavaScript and C++.  V8 is going to be developed and used for a very long time I think...
The reasons IMO have alot to do with:   1.  No custom hardware in the Mac ecosystem (and no, a Mac Pro with Xeon processors isn't the most cost-effective way to go) - most PC gaming rigs are customized, usually with aftermarket GPUs.  This is the cheapest and best way to build a gaming rig, since you can customize for your cooling needs, and maybe save money on a few components you won't need, while getting the biggest/best GPU possible.     2.  Poor OpenGL...
Interesting quote from the Verge Pixar article quoted above:       Interesting that they admit Blender has nearly all the capabilities of Pixar's own software.  
  Lenovo is growing much, much quicker in China.  In their report detailed here:  http://www.lenovo.com/ww/lenovo/pdf/report/E_099220121121d.pdf, Lenovo states that their smartphone shipments increased by 20 times, and their tablet shipments by 1.4 times...
  You actually do, but corporate law is complicated.  You are correct however that directors' first priority is the survival and health of the corporation, and not the shareholders.  
  Sometimes pragmatism is a good course.  Corporations rise and fall, make good products and bad, going down with a sinking ship (for instance, holding Apple stock from 700+ back down to 400) doesn't prove anything.  
  Agreed.  OSX is better than Windows, as is nearly every flavour of Linux.