or Connect

Posts by Mikeb85

Apple will buy Microsoft when it has $300+ billion in the bank.  Which, in all likelyhood, will never happen.     I personally prefer Google Docs.  Syncing between PC to other PC to Phone coupled with Cloud printing and easy sharing/collaborating plus the cost is just too good to resist.  
I've seen tons of Lenovo laptops (ThinkPad and IdeaPad) at the University I'm at.  I also see Lenovo desktops at both banks I do business at, in certain of the school labs, and at all sorts of random businesses I frequent.  Lenovo is huge in the enterprise, whether it's workstations, desktops, laptops or servers...  Of course, Lenovo isn't the most popular 'consumer' brand, but for professionals and corporations they're #1.     From the numbers, most of the Lenovo buyers...
Kind of ironic.  HTC makes by far the best Android phones, but their marketing sucks, and everyone pushes Samsung products.     HTC does use Sony S-LCDs (which are IPS displays) in their high end products, but a few of their mid-range models use AMOLED displays...  
  You always need an exit strategy.  No stock runs up forever.  There is always a 'highest' price.  Not saying Apple's reached it, but to hold on to something forever is silly.     The 'emotional' response is to get attached to a stock.  As a trader, only 1 thing matters to me.  %Change/Time.     Get attached to a company as a consumer.  Not as an investor.  
  Profit taking.   In the short term, technicals > fundamentals.  Always.  Long term outlook depends on whether or not Apple can continue to grow, the mobile segment is beginning to get a little saturated.  
Ummm, quite a few Android devices have had this functionality for years...  
By the way, this is a huge problem for Foxconn.  Foxconn barely makes any profit on Apple products as is (about 1% margin), and now they've had a riot, a strike, a rash of suicides, a couple explosions, etc..., all connected to the production of Apple products.  There might come a time where Foxconn decides the cost of dealing with Apple isn't worth it...  
Lenovo (a Chinese company) is building a US factory...  They announced it quite recently.  
  Maybe the holiday they just had from Oct 1-3?  Which would have extended the weekend to 5 days....  In which most Chinese would have been with their families.     Of course they don't celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas.  But they do have their own holidays...     Maybe you guys should at least do a little bit of research on such things, or maybe employ a touch of critical thinking...
Or if you need Windows for a specific bit of software...  While OSX support is great, there is some obscure software (whose value is questionable, but never the less...) that is Windows only...  Oh, and lots of games are still Windows only (don't know why, OSX or Linux and OpenGL is much quicker than Windows and DirectX).