or Connect

Posts by Mikeb85

If it's just for personal use, get LibreOffice (it's free, open-source, and suitable for most needs).  If you have an actual need for MS Office, use Office 365 or buy it for Mac.  
  If you were to ever read Apple's investor relations pages, you'd see they also consider a 'sale' to be when the product is shipped...     "Product is considered delivered to the customer once it has been shipped and title and risk of loss have been transferred. For most of the Company’s product sales, these criteria are met at the time the product is...
I'd agree with the assessment of the S4.  There's plenty of Android phones I'd rather have, the HTC One, LG Optimus G Pro, Lenovo K900.  But the S4 will probably sell lots because Samsung has the marketing budget and every retailer in their back pocket...
Another thing to keep in mind is that many of these PCs are actually decent devices, it's simply Windows and all the crap that comes with free Windows installs that sucks.     I've got a ThinkPad, I wiped Windows and installed Ubuntu Linux, runs much better than it ever did with Windows.  Microsoft seems to be in self-destruct mode these days...
  Yup.  A PC that comes loaded with Windows comes loaded with crapware.  
  Apple can't buy back all the outstanding shares...  They don't have enough cash.
  After hours performance isn't a great indicator, since most people don't trade after-hours...  And historically, after-hours performance isn't a great indicator of what will happen in the next trading session.  
  There is no negative spin.  This is what everyone who is bearish on Apple was suggesting and hoping they do.  It won't get them back to 700, but it is a way to return capital to investors, which is the end game for any corporation....
  Yup.  Unless a company is looking for funding (which Apple isn't), their market cap has absolutely zero affect on business.  
Apple is a leader, yes.  I have no doubt they will be a great company for years to come.     But as an investor/trader, I see myself making alot more money in many other stocks.  One of my holdings was up 10% on Friday alone...