or Connect

Posts by Mikeb85

Netbooks still exist?
It's strange, I've been in the Google ecosystem for awhile, and yet the only spam I get in my email is from Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and a few other smaller services I've unfortunately signed up for (which are all quite useless).     For all the apps, books, etc... I've bought from Google, I haven't got any spam from them (ie. App makers)...  
  Doesn't surprise me.  Hotmail also isn't particularly secure, so myself and everyone I know switched to Gmail.  I'd rather have targeted ads then have my Hotmail account hacked and spam all my contacts (has happened to me, my wife, and many other people I know - interestingly I've never had issues with viruses or any other accounts being compromised, ever - just Hotmail).     Microsoft in general is just terrible.  Bad OS, bad services, bad software, and too expensive....
  Yup.  While Samsung may be a tad unoriginal in producing complete consumer products, they definitely are ahead of most of the industry when it comes to research.  Many of the 'new' technologies, especially in displays, originated at Samsung.     Meanwhile, Samsung is already shipping an 8-core processor, which apparently beats Qualcomm's best by a fairly wide margin......
  Because Intel is more demanding than other manufacturers.  They charge more for chips and want to keep more profit for themselves.  
  XCode does only work on OSX devices...     The reason is can compile apps that work on other platforms is because it uses the open-source compilers GCC, LLVM and Clang.     And what other tools are Android developers going to use?  Windows?  The only 2 decent options are Linux or OSX, so that's what most Android devs use... (Google uses alot of Linux boxes, Facebook apparently likes OSX)
  Guess you've never used a ThinkPad keyboard before...
Both will be plenty fast (both for your needs and in general).  Go for the better display, you'll have to look at it more.  You won't notice a speed difference, but you'll see the display difference...
  Have you tried any of the cloud based Office suites like Google Docs or MS' Office in the cloud?  They should run on an iPad browser, no?     (BTW, I'm a huge desktop/laptop advocate, but I also do alot of programming)
Lenovo grew 13%.     Only bright spot.  Manufacturers need to smarten up, and abandon Windows.  Microsoft has screwed all their partners, and their OS is terrible.  Linux is more than mature enough to replace Windows, and with some love from OEMs could be easy and stable enough for the average user.     As long as PC makers stay on the Microsoft bandwagon, they'll suffer...