or Connect

Posts by kerryb

No I said nothing like that. Most car companies follow design ideas the way most newer models have smaller almost triangular windows for the back seat sides. This is following a trend in the industry. To take details which are so closely associated with a brand and paste it onto your companies product crosses this line. The use of a large screen without a physical keyboard is not a feature that is in dispute since it is a logical step in the evolution of phones, however...
I remember a moment from last year's Apple vs Samsung when the judge held up an iPad and a Galaxy tab(?) and asked the Samsung lawyers if they could tell which tablet was their client's. They responded that they could not. There is a point to designing a product that takes inspiration from another but a line is crossed when your product is a direct copy or close enough to blur any distinction between the two in regards to consumers. When an artist creates a fake Andy...
I guess Samsung is like a teenage girl that justifies her existence by how many selfies she can capture.
@Mark Do you think other factors such as tariffs or taxes could be at play as well?
The comparison of the old iWork icons vs the new "flat" icons shows how long in the tooth the glossy bubble icons really are. I am in favor the new icons for they represent a return to what an icon is intended to be, a clear, quickly recognized representation of an idea or object. The less complex the icon is drawn the faster you brain understands it. 
I don't doubt the design gurus at Apple to be wrong with the color selection and I'm sure they did plenty of research into which colors would be popular for the big push in China which has be Samsung's biggest market for years now. Why would Apple make a cheap phone to satisfy some pundits or part time pundits commenting here? Teen girls will love the new phones, the pop colored cases are a perfect accessory. 
If you want free I'm sure there is an Android handset out there waiting for you. 
Space gray is the new black, literally.
Nobody is asking about iPhoto and iCloud. Does this mean we will be able to edit images via the iCloud version of iPhoto? Are online galleries making a comeback to Apple? I hope Apple addresses the incompatibility issues I get between files made by the desktop version of iWork and the cloud version. Does anyone else have this problem?
Not everyone that uses Photoshop is a professional photographer or works for an ad agency. I might be in a minority here but I run a small business and have used PS since 1994 in combination with GoLive and recently Adobe's Muse to maintain my company's website. I would update PS every second version, it made financial sense for me and allowed me to keep up to date with changes to the app. For someone like myself paying $50 or even $30 per month subscription for the use of...