or Connect

Posts by kerryb

In some parts of our economy that might be right but access to the delivery of content on the internet is too important for a monopoly to control. Think of your city or town's water system. Do you want private industry creating tiers of water quality or the local power company providing more energy to certain customers? Human nature is the strong will prevail at the expense of the poor and weak, societies succeed when all are considered of value and a shared responsibility...
I hope all the haters commenting here understand they have some company on their side for example those in control of Russia, most of the middle east and other oppressive governments throughout the world.
America was the first country to propose at least equality for all its citizens. We were one of the first republics where nobody was subject to a king or queen. Our laws are written by we the people and these laws as well as our government was designed to change and adapt as our elected leaders saw fit. The church (meaning all religious organizations) were left out of the law making and power structure of our government and constitution. Religious laws cannot be enforced...
Perhaps people should also make comments based on fact and not make believe stuff like the existence of a higher power and the so called book this higher power had written as a guide for human laws. I'm okay with people believing in magic, ghost, and Santa Claus however I think those beliefs stop short of telling others how to live and what legal rights they should have or not have. If one wishes to see what a nation that adheres to strict religious dogma then look to Iran...
"Seems that the function-set of a smartphone has more or less been finalized and that we can't expect too much more to come in the next couple of years"  This reminds me of claims in the late 1800's when the industrial revolution had peaked and people actually considered closing the patent office because "nothing new could possibly be left to invent". Some people will never have any vision. 
Am I the only one to think Dan was a hot model or just the only on to admit it? Dan made the new phones sexier than Apple could have.
This device appears to be not so much a consumer device which delivers content to the consumer but instead make the consumer's vital signs the content. Is this device more suited to health care providers such as hospitals, doctors, etc... and not the casual (not training for the Olympics) individual? This is a huge step away from Apple's core business and what is too stop them from making iWalkers, iHospital-Beds, etc... The scariest part of this is if insurance companies...
I could care less.
Yosemite will be a mountainous upgrade.
The WWDC stage was the right place to speak directly to developers about Android's shortcomings especially in regards to customers being able to run new and updated versions of their apps. The press was listening as well and writing your story is better than having a pundit invent it.