or Connect

Posts by kerryb

The WWDC stage was the right place to speak directly to developers about Android's shortcomings especially in regards to customers being able to run new and updated versions of their apps. The press was listening as well and writing your story is better than having a pundit invent it.
The sheep often called the American consumer will accept it the same way they accepted 33% of their TV time is advertisements, movie theaters showing ads before the feature, ads embedded into content such as sitcoms, ads on just about every web page that exist, etc...
Doesn't value have something to do with actual "value"?
Still down 4:18 eastern time Thursday.
iYoga pad anyone? I know that millions and millions of iPods were sold but I never owned one despite my love of music, being plugged into a device which removed me from my surrounding never appealed to me. Will non-atheletes and non-fitness buffs buy these health devices from Apple or other vendors? Will people start staring at their heart rates monitors when out for dinner with friends? Is Apple looking to revolutionize a niche market? Will this device leave us scratching...
Apple should make an ad using that song, hot!
Any company, in this case Microsoft should be embarrassed by this ad. A guy walking around with colors off the back of Ronald McDonald through a cool and "edgy" urban alley with hipsters in wool caps at every turn.... fire the ad agency or the executing the signed off on this one.
Reporting drama where it often does not exist is an old ploy for the media whether it be TV, radio, print or the web. By portraying Apple as the Goliath and Android as David a fantasy is set in place and the press will do its best to make this story unfold with opinion articles not based on more than guts feelings or ad money from Google and Samsung for their publications. Dramatic headlines move papers and generate click throughs. Reporting using facts is dull and won't...
@solipsismx 04/24/2014 10:09 AM I am old enough to remember the introduction of the Walkman which never had the popularity or the distraction power of today's mobile devices. You listened to music on a Walkman, your only interaction was to press stop and play. TV is and always has been a passive distraction and until recently people didn't watch TV while walking down the street, eating in a good restaurant or behind the wheel of a car. Mobile devices which promise us a...
People that are likely addicted to checking their phones every 30 seconds to see if they are missing something, a text, email, Facebook update, whatever.... Will most likely carry that obsession over to the rumored "iWatch" device by checking the pulse rate, how many steps and calories they have burnt so far and any other non-critical nonsense this device serves up. Why so cranky? Look how a generation has lost the ability to live without an electronic device in hand at...