or Connect

Posts by kerryb

Unfortunately many websites are built around IE's "standards" so no matter how genius Safari, Firefox or any of the other browser develop it's still the Microsoft bottleneck in place.
GPS? Someone please tell me why GPS is so important for anyone to have? I always know where I am don't you?
Has anyone tried installing the Time Machine software on a Mac connected to an Airport Extreme? It seems unlikely but worth a try no?
The UK uses the Pound Sterling, Sweden uses the Kronor, Italy, France and Germany use the Euro, are CDs price exactly the same in all of these places? The UK has the strongest currency in the world right now, the Dollar is at an all time low, I'm not sure how this all works but I doubt Apple is the problem here.
Wasn't it the big Labels that insisted and still for the most part on DRM and not Apple? Don't most of the other online music stores use some form of DRM? Can songs purchased from iTunes be burned to a CD and then ripped as another format to be played on other MP3 players? The answer to all of the above is YES!
Looks like we are stuck with the 12cm disc for a little while longer. I imagine CD/DVD drives will disappear in the next 5 years when bandwidth and wifi are fast enough to eliminate the need for this aging technology. CDs are convenient still and shipping an adapter to fit a mini disc is ridicules the whole idea of ease of use and shipping cost savings.
One has to travel quite a bit to make this an attractive plan. Depending on where one is visiting in say, Europe there are many hotspots even if we are thinking cafe's or public libraries. This plan looks to be for business users which I did not think was the target audience for the iPhone.
I am ready to get a new Mac Pro, using a G4 tower 933 vintage 2001. Really thought about the new iMac but I just can't get past that shiny screen. My iSight crapped out on me yesterday so I would love a new 24" display with built in iSight camera. I'll wait to 10.5 figuring the $100+ saved having it pre-loaded can go to adding RAM. Of course I don't really expect this set up and imagine MacWorld for the announcement of new Mac Pro's.
[QUOTE=monkeyastronaut;1142937]impressive picture. Maybe Park Slope in Brooklyn, it is one of the upscale hoods. I don't think downtown next to Jr's Cheesecake, Williamsburg has the most iPod 20's somethings but the population is not dense enough. Soon there will be more Apple stores in NYC than Starbucks/
iPhones are sold this quarter there will be characters on the web saying it is too little and a failure. So let's just prepare ourselves and ignore it when it happens.