or Connect

Posts by kerryb

Society in my opinion is ever changing and there has to be a balancing act of weighing one groups needs within the whole. This is what a civil society does. When tipped too far in one direction we all will suffer. One incident in New York City back in the late 90's involved a company installing public pay toilets (kiosk) throughout Manhattan's busiest neighborhoods. This was a great idea since if you live here or have visited you will find it is impossible to find a...
You got to be kidding? Regardless of HOW they got in their conditions they are disabled and deserve the respect of any other customer. Sound like a bigot to me.
I would side with these women if they had spoken to one on the many sales staff that float around the store offering assistance and received none. Or spoke to a manager and pointed out the inconvenience they were having and were dismissed. Does anyone know if they did so? Even non handicap persons need to ask for help when they can't find what they want or are not getting the right service. One trip and they launch a suit? Hopefully there is more to this story and it's not...
Okay I'm running 10.4.10 on my system which means Apple patched Tiger a bunch (do the math) of times since its release. Now how on earth can we expect Leopard to be release bug free? Tiger was a nice improvement over 10.3 and even with a bunch of bugs I was more than happy to run it on my Macs these past couple of years. Apple will ship 10.5 on time meaning October, the survey could just be a head start on 10.5.1 update.
Does anybody remember last year's intro to Leopard? Major upgrades to Mail, iChat, etc.. and newbies like Time Machine. Okay most of the "secret" stuff at WWDC was GUI improvements, most notably the Finder and it's new supporting technologies. There is a LOT of new stuff and even more refinements in Leopard that makes it a worthy upgrade. Mac OS X has been evolutionary since version 10.1 and if you were to use a machine still loaded with 10.1 you would be shocked how far...
"we believe the greatest surprise around iPhone is that women may surpass gadget geeks as the largest customer" Are you kidding me, I think woman must make up the largest segment of all cellphones. Just take a look on the streets, those things never get turned off.
I agree with Union Square, although I can't think of a space big enough that is available, then again the Soho store is just two subway stops away. The meat packing district (funny how no developer has come up with a more vegan name yet for the area) does have some of the highest fashion stores in the city. Basically the whole city has exploded with construction, hoards of tourists and traffic. Apple is about "cool, hip or trendy what ever you call it and this location...
I got a sneak peek at CS3 and all I can say is that the knifing of Golive for the very left-brain, "PC-esque" Dreamweaver is a disaster. DW is just not intuitive from it's lack of easy to use grid, its less than apparent integration with the other Adobe apps is a rush job at best. Golive has a learning curve but it had a Mac minded drag and drop interface that Dreamweaver is sadly lacking. I doubt writing Adobe would bring Golive back, big companies don't care when there...
Not including isight has to mean these are soon to be discontinued displays, perhaps the less than dramatic price drop has something to do with the built in isight which will come with the new displays, hopefully around Leopard time. The isight camera is no show at the Apple store and if "Pros" want to ichat or video conference the only option besides third party camera is to ship with a built in isight.
In the past few years Union Square has become the busiest non mid-town location in the city. With the arrival of Whole Foods, Circuit City, Virgin Mega Store, and the nearby NYU housing and schools, an Apple store would see fantastic traffic.