or Connect

Posts by kerryb

I am a huge fan of Apple industrial design few if any come anywhere near it but this awardjQuery181028273925208486617_1348058380162?? I would have given it to NASA.
I guess some of the tech pundits were right the iPhone 5 will be a dull, uninteresting upgrade and few will notice it. Oh snap,
Hey Samsung how about this approach. "Although we are disappointed in the ruling on this trial we have been hard at work this past year creating fantastic products that go beyond anything you will see coming from Apple. We hope our loyal customers will share our enthusiasm with our coming release of products."   It's would not be true but what does truth have to do with their business model.   
Maybe Apple did Samsung a favor in the long run, I'm sure they will design software and hardware that is even better than anything Apple could produce after all Korea like all Asia counties are a hot bed of creativity and individuality. 
No the guy that directed the 1984 Super Bowl ad had already directed Alien and Bladerunner years earlier. 
I would not doubt looking through Leonardo Di Vinci's drawings one could find prior art for a iPad device.   
Giving things away for free only gets you the cheapest customers, I think Confucius said that. 
I think this case will not got to the jury but will be settled. I think Samsung might cave first after all they have "proven" they have great industrial designers and can make great products that look nothing like Apple's going forwards. (that was sarcasm). Apple has a lot at stake here too if they lose even parts of this case. Besides the bad press we can expect a hit on the company's perceived value, the copy cat products flood gates will be opened and companies will...
I heard that jury almost always take a trial case very seriously not just the big murder trials we see on tv. I cannot imagine being on this particular trial and being able to follow not just all the evidence but how it applies to the law. A huge task indeed
Even if an icon's inspiration came from a completely unrelated source as in the photos icon case Samsung was designing such icon for use on a handset and the leading handset the iPhone had already been using a near identical icon already. A decent company or designer would have steered clear of this "coincidence" and used another idea.