or Connect

Posts by kerryb

There was a time about 100 years ago when homes of the upper middle class and upward had live in servants that worked for very little. These were almost always immigrants. When the things changed after "the great war" opportunities opened for this class of workers, union were born and those in our society that enjoyed the comfort of cheap labor and servants lost something to the masses and growing middle class. China is 100 years behind the west in human rights, labor and...
I for one believe that Apple along with other tech companies have made a pack with the devil to get the lowest manufacturing costs possible. It is the shame of the west and our incredible need to consume regardless of the conditions workers in countries without laws to protect these people's rights as workers. There is just too much money to be made with the sweatshops of China (and elsewhere) for morality to prevail. These workers are subject to conditions that nobody in...
Business and government are not the same thing at all and comparing the two are not apple vs oranges but apples vs steam engines. A CEO's job is nothing like what a president has to do. Making money is not the same as governing a country and if you learned anything in school you should know that. Selling services and products is what companies do, maintaining social services, diplomacy, infrastructure, a fair legal system, a safe and clean environment, etc... is what...
Apple as with many super corporations did not move because of taxes, they are sitting on billions of $. They moved manufacturing jobs overseas as soon as 3rd world nations would let them in to set up shop. Just about everything is made overseas by low waged workers that have none of the benefits Western workers have fought for. Lower you costs and increase profits. Steve Jobs before he died met with President Obama and asked him to change corporate tax policies to make it...
I'm not saying there are countries that are extremely poor, most of these companies manufacture in these countries to produce higher profits and lower prices for the west. However in the so called developed countries the US is falling behind in education, affordable health care, and the ability to retire with a secure pension. If you care about your country the way that I do you would want to make it better for everyone and that includes the next generation. My elderly...
The top ten listed corporations are all US based. The USA is a country where 20% of it's citizens under 12 live in poverty. Is our country that much better growing super companies or do other countries actually tax corporations, bringing money back to its citizens and raising the quality of life far beyond the citizens of the USA?
The nerds just got a collective chill running up their spines. What fun it is to go phone shopping and comparing specs and more specs until you decide to wait for a rumored model that will have even better specs. Those days may be ending. The iPhone along with all of Apple's streamlined hardware categories has proven a well thought out and designed product which comes in 3 price points will give clarity to the product line and enough options to satisfy 90% of potential...
Why can't we pick neither?
I thought religious leaders spoke for their god? instead a spokesperson speaks for the speakers of god. maybe this whole god thing is not really true?
The iPad is a shipping product the 10 commandment tablets were vaporware.