or Connect

Posts by mycatsnameis

Agreed, that why I included the 'cost effective' proviso in my post.  Keep in mind though that  'retina' is a relative thing.  If you view a TV from 6-10 ft on average, you do not have to have 300+ dpi for it to be a retina display. 
Just a thought with all the rumours flying around about the conversion of the MacBooks and iMacs to resolution independent displays.   I can't imagine that Apple would be able to steal a march on the TV industry and somehow create and ship (cost effectively) large screen TVs that displayed 1080p signals more cleanly/crisply using a higher res panel (as they've obviously just demonstrated being a desirable feature with the new iPad) ... but if they could...
Can you say ... "False info to out a leaker"? I have a feeling the pink slip has already been drafted ...
SJ to network carriers: "Blow me!"
Well there you have it. Make no mistake, Apple knows how huge the pr0n market is ... ... we're witnessing the birth of the Hairy Palm Pilot
Yep, smelled from the get go didnt it?
What about a fix for teh wireless connectivity problems plaguing MB and MBP owners (as well as the more recent iMacs apparently too)? Talk about something that impacts many users and is a major concern. Crazy how long they've let this slide for.
My issues started while I was still running Tiger and I upgrade to Leopard out of desperation. Still didn't help of course ....
Is the airport issue mentioned related to the notorious MacBook dropped wireless issue (although also seen in MBPs I believe)? Hundreds of posts over in the support forums for that one dating back well over a year. Symptoms - flaky wireless connection that drops randomly, signal strength that seems to jump up and down for no apparent reason, resistant to s/w upgrades, fresh OS installs, changing router wireless channels etc. etc. Booting the machines into Windows...
I'm surprised no one has commented on how fragile this thing might be. I remember dropping my first Ti book and finding out how flimsy titanium really was. Maybe with less overall weight this thing will not be any more breakable than any other Al book but with such a thin perimeter you're going to end up with a lot of force focused through the edge. That would bring a tear to my eye ...