or Connect

Posts by VL-Tone

There's also this thing called Solowheel. http://solowheel.com  I saw a guy riding this recently and it took me a few seconds for my brain to understand how this guy was gliding like this on the sidewalk as at first I didn't notice the wheel! The first screenshot up there is the original, currently sold model, but they have a new "hubless" streamlined model coming soon that you can preorder. 
Well after seeing one of her latest retweet about this subject, I tend to agree with you now. :)
Sorry I didn't want to put words into your mouth. I just see those retweets as playful banter. People are joking about it, and of course she might enjoy that.
Yes I'm also waiting for a feature updates in GarageBand. It's been two years since we haven't seen anything major, while each previous years brought some major features. I think that the latest 2.0.x updates were about solidifying the foundation of the app for future updates. They've redone every single bitmap from scratch (including all the instruments thumbnails) to support 3x resolution on the 6+, and I've noticed non-negligible performance improvements on my iPad 3. I...
I really doubt she copyrighted anything. When you work at Apple, everything you create that is copyrightable/trademarkable becomes Apple's property, this goes for most companies you can work for. The first Macintosh fonts were named after cities by the team, and reportedly it was Steve Jobs who asked for those to be "world class" cities names, San Fransisco was an obvious choice. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fonts_on_Macintosh#Fonts_of_the_original_Macintosh Again, I don't...
A pirate flag can be seen in this video which was hidden in the Centris/Quadra 660AV/840AV install CD. (Though unlike what I previously thought, it's not the original one).    
Susan is actually selling prints of Macintosh icons, and knowing Apple I'd be surprised that a clause in her contract permitted this. So essentially Apple is letting her do this (which is fair) but I bet that legally they could've gone after her if they wanted to. Now I've checked her Twitter account and I don't see anything that make it seem like she's angry about their re-use of San Francisco as a font name, I'm not sure what Rogifan was referring to. 
 I guess I'm just a purist (you know, like those vinyls fans), but compression artifacts annoys me to no end, and while 4K would be better at hiding those, I feel that it just adds an amount of fuzziness that in the end makes it equivalent to a high quality 1080p. But we could debate this endlessly since we're not precisely defining the terms of the discussion here (what you mean by "highly compressed" might be different for me). I'm always amazed about the quality of OTA...
Yeah, I'd prefer high quality (near lossless) 1080P content to highly compressed 4K.
This whole Gorilla branding theme reminds me of this :