or Connect

Posts by VL-Tone

Why? All iOS 7 applications currently work on devices with only 512MB of RAM. When running two apps side by side, the maximum RAM allocation for those two apps would be limited in a way that one app cannot take over all RAM and force quit the other.
I was joking about the LiquidMetal, hence the smiley.  This idea that we've all heard that Apple makes its products easy to break on purpose, is exactly why making the iPhone 6 more resistant to breaking would be a great selling point.
 I suspect that there's a technical/functional reason behind the increased thickness of the antenna separations. Maybe it will also act as a shock absorber and reduce the possibility of breaking the screen if the iPhone 6 is dropped on one of its corners? What if the separation is made from a new RF transparent LiquidMetal alloy? :) (OK maybe not)
What about the software? No mention about it in the article.   Or is it that everyone assumes that it will run some form of iOS?   Even if the final product does run some iOS based OS, I wouldn't be surprised that Apple also currently has an iWatch prototype running the Pixo OS (iPod OS) as a plan B.   If you look at the latest iPod nano OS, you'll see that the Pixo team went to great lengths into reproducing iOS behaviours (looks like iOS 6 though, but that's a...
 Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand Japanese is spoken/written using a predefined set of syllables that don't include the "L" sound. Japanese also integrated a lot of english words to their language and write them using those syllables, replacing the "L" sound with an "uR" sound. When Japanese say "clear" (an English word they actually use), they pronounce it "cu-r-ear". (Yeah, most of my Japanese knowledge comes from watching Game Center CX  :) )
"...relatively rare hard drive-equipped Mac Classic"   Rare? I don't think I've ever saw a Mac Classic that did not have a hard drive.   I had one and did my own teardown back in the days, and broke the end of the CRT yoke... :) Had to buy a replacement monitor.
 Everyone seems to assume that the iWatch will run iOS. But what if it runs Pixo OS (the iPod OS)? In its latest incarnation on the iPod nano 7th gen it seems to have evolved quite a lot since the original iPod in 2001, mimicking iOS pretty effectively (though with the pre-iOS 7 look). The latest  iPod nano already has everything needed for the iWatch hardware-wise, including bluetooth 4 LE, it just doesn't have the form factor. Heck, Apple could even release a software...
Around my mother's house, which it out in the wild country, Google Maps shows very low resolution satellite imagery, houses are about a pixel wide. Apple maps on the other hand shows detailed high resolution imagery, though it's black and white!
 “Resolution independence” is a term that has been used to describe a lot of things. On iOS, auto-layout could be currently described as resolution independence, on a strict sense, because it only deals with changes in resolutions, but assumes the same PPI. What is not in iOS right now is “PPI independence”. The 2x retina trick is confined to work on a screen which has exactly double the resolution and PPI. While auto-layout enables the reflow of the UI structure on...
 To answer your question, I guess there's a little bit of that, he doesn't want to be labelled as an Apple fanboy. But like I said if he's friend with one or more disgruntled employees (maybe a group that were loyal to Forstall) his "opinions" might be biased toward what those employees think about the company. That doesn't mean that their criticism is always justified and that there's a big crisis at Apple. It's not unusual to have a group of overly critical employees...