or Connect

Posts by VL-Tone

The iOS 7 redesign and new features are more than Siri by themselves. I don't understand why this doesn't count because it was announced in advance. iOS 7 will become public at the same time as the new iPhones.
 Did I say that the Note 3's screen size is copying Apple? No I didn't. Don't put words in my mouth that I haven't said. There was no particular reason for them to choose 5.7" over 5.6" or 5.8", I'm just saying that it's a strange coincidence that they've chosen a size which is exactly half the size of the iPad mini screen. I'm not accusing them of anything, I'm just having fun speculating.
If Apple made a phablet, I bet it would be 5.7" with a resolution of 1536x1024 (half a retina iPad mini).   By some weird coincidence, Samsung's Galaxy Note 3 sports a 5.7" screen, exactly half the size of the iPad mini screen, even though it has a completely different display technology and resolution. But of course, Samsung would never spy on Apple to know what product they're working on.
  The recently released videos with the 5C scratch test show a caliper measurement of 8.98mm. Of course this may be a fake case, but these are not FCC marked (FCC marked are the fake ones I think).   The only way I could see Apple wanting to put a bigger battery in the 5C is to match the 5S battery life which may be improved because of the A7, which the 5C won't have.   Maybe putting a slightly bigger battery in the 5C could compensate for it using the A6, which could be...
  The iPhone 4/4S didn't seem to need EMF shielding on the back, like you wrote : Where's the aluminum in the iPhone 4?   The metal in the back must certainly help at least a little with the structural strength.    If the iPhone 4 had the smallest components of the iPhone 5 it could've been presumably thinner than the 5C.   Anyway it's just speculation, my original point was that the choice of plastic + the aluminum reenforcement (or shielding if you believe so) made it...
You're right it's a supposition from my part, but I don't see how it could make sense for Apple to give more battery life to their cheap model than the 5S.   And not that it adds any more credence to my theories, the 5C is 1.38mm thicker than the 5, not 0.8mm (according to on video caliper measurements).   BTW did we see the motherboard for the 5C? I remember seeing the 5S one but not the 5C. While Apple likes to spend some time making components/boards smaller, they may...
It's thicker because the plastic case is reinforced with metal (so much for plastic being stronger than metal...). There's no additional room inside.   Apple used aluninum/glass in the iPhone 4-5 because it was the only mass-produceable materials that enabled them to make it so thin and still structurally strong (though some would argue that the iPhone 5 is not that structurally strong). By using the same internals as the 5 and a plastic casing they had no choice of...
It looks like there won't be a black iPhone 5C.   The black case 'leaks' that we've seen have FCC markings, and from what I've concluded after doing some research is that the pictures of 5C cases with FCC markings that we've seen until now are fake. They show the wrong model number (same as iPhone 5 A1429) and have ugly embedded fake plastic screws on each side of the lightning connector slot.   The ones we've seen without FCC markings don't include a black version.
Well the iPhone 4 was announced on Monday June 7th 2010, the calendar on the iPhone 4 packaging and press material shows Monday/7.   But the 4S packaging still shows the same date (7) even though it was released on October 4th, and the iPhone 5 packaging shows 11 and was unveiled September 12th.   As for the 10 on the calendar icon of the iPhone 5c sticker, it matches what Apple used in all iOS 7 pre-release material up to now.
  Yeah it's pretty sad to see that this was parroted by a few Apple news sites without any mention of this obvious fix.