or Connect

Posts by VL-Tone

Because this study shows the relative percentage of web usage between platforms.   If Apple iPhone sales flatlined because of the wait for the 5S, while Samsung is aggressively marketing its new S4 flagship model, Apple's web usage ratio will drop.
  These numbers estimates the relative percentage of web usage between platforms, it doesn't count "non-usage".   Per user/unit, web usage on iOS is still much higher than on Android. Because as we know, a large percentage of Android phones sold are crippled, running old OS versions and not really being used as smartphones.
Crowley is right. The top and bottom parts of the iPhone 5 casing are cell antennas, and other antennas (Wifi, BT etc.) are found behind the little glass windows.   Note: the image below was a mockup made from leaked parts before the iPhone 5 was unveiled, but they are accurate.  
The difference is that AI put it in the right context: these photos and videos are highly suspect. This guy just popped out of nowhere and registered with a generic nickname just to post positive things about this product and defend its specs.   I'm not the kind to accuse everyone of being a paid-shill because they criticize Apple or praise a competitor. But in this case I find it highly suspicious that this user registered just for that, with a nickname that looks...
  Ok, so you don't work for their company. I still find highly suspicious that you registered just to post "fixed" pictures of the this Android iPhone knock-off from a shady company, along with all of its detailed specs, price and links to buy the product.
Last time I checked, Apple was leading the way in terms of localization.   From Samsung's own page, their Siri rip-off (S-Voice) only recognize English, French, Spanish, Korean, Italian, and German.   http://www.samsung.com/ae/article/go-hands-free-with-s-voice-for-your-mobile-device   I guess the ad is referring to the basic built-in voice controls that still exist in iOS for Siri-less countries, and its Samsung equivalent, but the ad is obviously made to...
Samsung misleading shipment numbers don't necesserally hide poor profits, they are used to inflate market share numbers, which seem to be more important to some analysts than profits.Is it so hard to believe that those 20 millions S4s could be sold over a period of 3-5 months or even more? This would not be abnormal for a consumer electronic company. Can you find any evidence that they're selling as fast as they're shipping? I bet the S4 supplies are not constrained in any...
Not true, the ATIV 9 is heavier than the 13" MBA.   13" MacBook air : 2.96 pounds ($1099) Samsung ATIV 9 : 3.17 pounds (estimated to be $1500-$1900) 13" Retina MacBook Pro : 3.57 pounds ($1499) - is about to be updated to Haswell.   By the time the ATIV 9 actually reaches customers, the rMBP will have been updated to Haswell with vast improvements to battery life (even more so with Mavericks), and it would not be surprising that Apple will shave off some weight and...
  You can't have your cake and eat it too.   iOS 7's new design is exactly what Apple needed to enable them to release a bigger iPhone and/or a phablet.   It would take much more work for Apple and 3rd party devs to redo all the highly textured interface elements for each new phone/tablet version and would make apps needlessly bigger. Also, Apple has been pressuring devs to use the auto-layout APIs introduced in iOS 6, and iOS 7's new interface relies a lot on it. iOS 7...
There's a very specific bug that affects iPhones that have been restored using an iTunes back up (something that you should not do anyway). It has to do with the iTunes/app store process getting stuck in a loop, using 50-70% CPU and quickly draining battery in the background even when the device is sleeping. It will most likely be fixed in Beta 2.   Until then, if you have this bug and don't want to reinstall: disable auto-updates, avoid the store apps and reboot whenever...