or Connect

Posts by VL-Tone

Just like you, I believed in liquidmetal for the Apple Watch. Much for the same reasons, I didn't think that Apple would release a smartwatch this thick and liquidmetal looked to be the solution to make it thinner. I also didn't expect it to be that advanced, which in my view offsets the thickness problem. Liquidmetal could also have helped Apple mass produce many different shapes for the watch body itself as those can be molded/stamped instead of requiring custom...
 Yeah, after looking at several other videos I changed my idea. No way they would've reproduced the iOS 8 interface in such precision. And indeed, the casing finition is much better than any other clones we've seen. The screen is perfectly integrated into the casing curves, something we didn't see before this.
This is the latest, better and improved Chinese clone. For one, the home button is not concave like it should. There are several other errors in the interface and the Apple logo is painted on the back.

I see...  
Fortunately for them, they won't have any problem producing enough sapphire to make the 15 Wellographs they'll sell this year.
 This is how unibody iPhones (and MacBooks) are made, machined aluminum. And yes they machine tens of millions of them in mass production. Apple's an expert in aluminum milling, iPhone production lines use hundreds of custom CNC milling machines. That's why iPhone 6 clones are made of plastic. Here's the leaked iPhone 5 back shell for reference, which looked exactly like the final product: 
 The HTC One NFC inductor is apparently around the camera hole, so I guess what I was saying about the Apple logo being too small may not be totally right. But on the other hand, it seems that the HTC One NFC sensor/inductor is notoriously bad, probably because of this.
   Every leak we've seen point to the logo being made of metal which would block radio frequencies. And even if it was made of a radio-transparent material, traditional NFC inductors require a larger surface than the Apple logo on the iPhone 6 and can't be made smaller, due to the fundamental nature of wavelengths.    But Apple recently applied for a patent called "Shared Antenna Structures for Near-Field Communications and Non-Near-Field Communications Circuitry" which...
This is something that Apple should fix of course, I just don't think it's as bad as some people are trying to make it. A call will trigger the "calling" screen with a big red button to hang up. It's not like an app can call hundreds of numbers in the background without you noticing it.   Meanwhile, any app can send spam email (or do other nefarious stuff that can be done through the internet) behind your back without any visible sign that it's happening.