or Connect

Posts by VL-Tone

Oh well it's ok, maybe I overreacted, maybe I'm too sensitive
I know CosmoNut wants this to be a serious thread, but some of my guesses weren't that serious. DatabaseMaker is a play on FileMaker, whose main task is not to make files, but databases. Eclipse sounds good to me, it doesn't have to make much sense, much like iPod didn't scream "mp3 player". But it was just a wild guess, based on the Apple home page teaser image. The iTV could "eclipse" other means of having entertainment on your TV (well except gaming of course). As for...
This Vista box reminds me of the 2nd gen iPod nano ads. Must be a "coincidence" as usual...
"iPhone": iPod with phone "iTV": Eclipse Wide-touchscreen iPod: videoPod Tablet: Einstein 30th Anniv. Mac: iMac SE Spreadsheet app in iWork: Numbers Database app in iWork: DatabaseMaker Multimedia creation tool: Hypercard 3.0 (Ok this one is wishful thinking)
Let me take a guess, from the info provided in the image. What was Apple's first product, 30 years ago? The Apple I, of course. The Apple I was a fully assembled motherboard but with no case and no keyboard... Maybe Apple will surprise us by starting to sell cheap bare-bone Mac motherboards? It'd be the "cheap tower" some people have been clamoring for. That way they could tap into the market of people that only upgrade their PC motherboards, keeping their...
I have this theory that if it was not for the iPod and iTunes Store success, the good old non-DRM "Red Book Audio" CDs would have been gone already. Why? Because WMA and its DRM would have become ubiquitous, and by now 95%+ of digital music player sold would be WMA compatible, including CD/DVD players. In an effort to combat piracy, the RIAA would have forced the industry to move to WMA only CDs, and obviously, with DRM. No need for rootkits to hide the unprotected audio,...
I wonder if the original Cingular/Apple story on the WSJ wasn't planted by Cingular itself, hoping to generate publicity when it's found that they are going the other way. I don't see it as newsworthy that some cellphone carrier gets some deal with some online music stores, it happens all the time. I guess that the ROKR/iTunes Phone was such a non-event that Cingular needed to remind the world their previous ties with Apple so news outlets would make a fuss about the...
But Steve said that the soul of a Mac is its OS!Nahh seriously guys, just watch the WWDC06 keynote again, Phil Schiller announced that the Mac transition to intel was complete, before announcing the intel xServes, saying something about how they were not Macs.
Mac users are elitists? Sure Macs are perceived to be more expensive, and they have a small market-share. Studies shows that Mac users have on average a higher income and are more educated. I guess that the simple fact that I'm quoting studies like that could be interpreted as elitism. But I rarely found any Mac users saying that it's a good thing in itself and that prices shouldn't be lower. I never saw a Mac user seriously defending Mac prices and market-share by...
"Hundreds of thousands" where do you get this number and why do you state it as a fact? If you know that much about the issue, why don't you talk about the fact that there is a way to restore the iPod (though not the standard way) and that this is a software issue, not hardware?Yeah, it's a firmware issue, but again you fail to tell us if you tried to restore them using the well-known trick of reformatting the iPod?There's no single forum on Apple's site dedicated to this...