or Connect

Posts by VL-Tone

Of course they top the D.J. Power charts, look at how superior the audio/music apps offering is on iOS compared to Android!   Oh it's J.D. Power...
RBC? You mean the Canadian bank that suddenly decided to replace all employees of one of their branch with cheap foreign workers while making billions of profits? And to add insult to the injury they wanted the soon jobless employees to train their replacements? Yeah sure I trust them...    http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/rbc-apologizes-to-employees-affected-by-outsourcing-decision-1.1233754
 That's simply not true. iOS doesn't contain the Quartz Composer framework. QTZ files can be open in Safari through the Quicktime plug-in, but it relies on the old QT7 APIs which never existed in iOS.
Interesting page I just found:http://interactiondesign.sva.edu/events/entry/From the page :
I guess that for some devs Quartz Composer is taking the roles of what HyperCard and Macromedia Director used to have as rapid-prototyping tools... The weird thing in this story is that Quartz Composer compositions (.QTZ) do not even run on iOS (damn I wish they did! Maybe in iOS 7?). So I guess they added touch screens to their Macs...
You know what they say: "Don't buy the first version of something, wait for a revision/update".   While between geeks like us we have to remind ourselves about it, the reality is that most consumers also have figured out the same thing by themselves. The second, improved version of something is usually the most popular.   There's a lot of people currently interested in the current iPhone 5 that will see the 5S as a bonus and a signal that the time has come for...
To me it's obvious that Apple has been working on something big for iOS since the last few years.    There are a few core features that require some heavy changes to iOS.    Multi-user, instant app-switching, spilt-screen multi-tasking, direct inter-application communication are all features that would be better implemented in a separate branch of iOS because they require major changes in the same areas of iOS foundations.   This separate branch of iOS...
  Ok I'm fine with this! Hopefully I didn't derail the thread :)
        It's always nice to see that forum users here are being ridiculed by moderators for having an opinion.   But you're right; it's totally crazy to suggest that a company would get "inspired" by the marketing of another one.