or Connect

Posts by VL-Tone

This is something that Apple should fix of course, I just don't think it's as bad as some people are trying to make it. A call will trigger the "calling" screen with a big red button to hang up. It's not like an app can call hundreds of numbers in the background without you noticing it.   Meanwhile, any app can send spam email (or do other nefarious stuff that can be done through the internet) behind your back without any visible sign that it's happening.
Sorry I have to say that but : duh!   I don't see any other reason that could explain the change.   Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about the article as it does bring some interesting new information. But obviously, a security issue was the reason behind the code signing change.
BTW I think something was lost in translation. As I understand, only the battery was claimed to the a 5.5" part. As noted in the article, the rest of the parts are obviously for the 4.7" model.

I case you guys did not know, the Chinese iPhone 6 knockoffs casings are made of plastic.   Many posters here seem to overestimate how easy it is to reproduce high-precision milled aluminum involving a two-shot injection moulding process (for the antenna parts). Of course the scuffed-up piece in this article doesn't show the inside so I guess it would be easier to fake, but it matches all the leaks we've seen before.  
This rumor feels like stock manipulation to me.   The GTAT stock is very sensitive to rumors about a possible iPhone 6 sapphire display. GTAT investors are looking at those very closely.
Not sure how specific this problem is to "public-key cryptography". By definition, anything encrypted using any kind of method will need both party support for it to work.
I'm very sceptical about this part. It doesn't seem to fit the back shell in the following picture (which looks much more credible to me) :  
The iTunes Extras framework hadn't been updated since 2009, it's nice to see that they put someone back on the project (I've heard that the employee that worked on the original since left Apple).    I hope it means that more movies will include them, as it's one of the main reason why I still buy Blue-Ray discs (I'm a sucker for extras and commentary tracks) though Blue-Ray still offers a better image quality.
 Indeed, iOS 8 location services data can now include a floor number.