or Connect

Posts by VL-Tone

Hmmm... is this really new in 7.1?
Carriers vastly prefer Android because it allows them to make lucrative deals to install crapware, add branding and do the typical artificial crippling of low-end devices to up sell more profitable higher end devices. They carry the iPhone not because they want to, but because if they didn’t, people wanting iPhones would switch to competitors. So promotion of the iPhone by carriers is usually limited to say “we have it”.  If you go into a store wanting an iPhone, sales rep...
They did cave to those people who obsessively (and uselessly) force quit every app anytime they can, by restoring iOS 6's behavior of letting some background services run even after a force quit because those people were complaining that their apps wouldn't get notifications.
 I know you're joking, but "mind controlled" interfaces are a real thing and getting better and better as time goes. I think we should skip the "gestures in the air" and go straight to this technology. The Muse headband ( http://www.interaxon.ca/muse/ ) will ship next May for $299, and it's the smallest of its kind. Sure it's still clunky and its applications are not straightforward yet, but these will get smaller and smaller and more software will be written for it (the...
I guess the Gorilla (Glass) marketing team won't be able to use the "but it uses more energy to produce than glass so more pollution" argument that I've seen a couple of people use.
This was an iPad Christmas indeed!
I wonder if Alex Lindsay has something to do with it...   (Note: I'm not implying anything bad about it, Alex and his team have done great work with iPads in education in Africa, maybe officials took notice.)
I'm pretty sure that an iOS web browser was released a while ago that had this feature, though it didn't work very well.
I want one indeed, but I don't need one. 
The latest iPod nano (7th gen) already has Bluetooth 4.0, but it just serves for audio output purposes.   Apple could release a simple software update that brings communication with iOS devices, to display notifications, weather and even make calls (cell or FaceTime audio) by going trough the iPhone, kind of like the hypothetical iWatch.   I guess this would be useless for most people and that's why Apple likely won't do it, but a lightweight remote control/display for...