or Connect

Posts by VL-Tone

Don't you think that hackers would've revealed that it's possible to activate the camera on a MacBook without turning on the green LED? Unless you believe in some sort of conspiration that would've "silenced" every hacker who discovered this security hole, which in my opinion would cross the "paranoid" line. We cannot know what happens to data we send over the internet or whether our phone calls are intercepted by some organisation. But on actual devices, it's possible to...
In other news, McDonalds asked a guy to remove his hot dogs stand from inside their restaurant.
How do you know there won't be any surprises?
 I see a lot of people assuming that the A7 (not A7X) could drive a retina iPad without any problem based on some raw GPU benchmarks that shows the A7 performing better than the A6X. Well I'm not so sure about that. I'm not a GPU expert, but I don't think that pushing 4x the number of polygons is the same thing as pushing 4x the number of pixels. The latter might require more parallel processing in the form of a multi-core GPU, such as the ones found in  the A6X (or...
Just wondering, would a backup and restore get rid of the iOS 7 update files?
Getting an iPhone 4S at $0 will likely lock you into an expensive voice+data contract. The cheapest Android "smartphones" are given away with voice plans and special cheap limited data plans. The 4S is not among the cheapest cellphones even at $0. And nothing changes the fact that a significant percentage of Android phones that are sold are so cheap and crippled that people use them as feature phones and seldom use or buy apps. Those devices contribute almost nothing to...
 Excluding black bars, 16:9 movies on a 4:3 iPad mini display an image that is bigger than the full screen 16:9 7" tablets. That "extra inch" on 7" tablets is plastic/glass bezel while on the iPad mini it's useable screen space.
 5.7" is exactly half the iPad mini screen, which would give 1024x1536 at retina dpi. Which means that split-screen multi-tasking would become easy to achieve on full size iPads once apps become optimized for this new device...
 But the mini is also thinner (7.2mm vs. 8.56mm), so in volume they're roughly equal. Actually, if you just go with the height x width x depth measurements, the iPad mini has a smaller volume than the 2013 Nexus 7. (The Nexus is slightly more curved on the back, so that's why I said "roughly equal"). Not sure what you mean about "the new chipset", even if Apple puts a new more efficient chipset (which obviously they'll have to do), they still have to power up a 35% larger...
 You're talking about the Dell XPS 11, which at $999 only includes an i3 and 80GB of SSD (vs. i5 and 128GB on the Air), and features a wonderful "capacitive touch" keyboard and that will be shipping in unknown quantities in November? How many of these will they sell? Dell may be able to move a lot of $400 15" laptops, but I'm not sure this thing will be a raging success that necessitate mass-production. And unless I'm mistaken, that high-res Lenovo Thinkpad Gatorguy linked...