or Connect

Posts by VL-Tone

This doesn't make sense. You really think that the 5C will only be available in a few asian countries? Is it because you don't like the design and can't believe Apple would release it in North-America? The 30-pin dock connector is dead, and the 4/4S casing is a hassle to make, Apple will be more than happy to retire them and replace them with the 5C worldwide as the low-end iPhone model.
 Changing the DPI to anything higher than 324 DPI would mean having to deal with yet another set of bitmap assets at 3x or whatever multiple/fraction vs. the current max DPI is, so I don't think Apple will do that. They will likely stay within the 263-324 DPI "retina" range and let developers focus on flexible layouts instead.
Here's a mockup I did for fun using Photoshop, based on a theory that the ring might glow (blue?) when it's activated :  
 BTW keywords in the iOS 7 SDK revealed that the code name for the new iOS 7 interface is "Stark". Apps compiled for the new interface are called "Stark applications" while legacy apps are called "Classic applications". As for simple dropping the DPI to make a bigger iPhone, I don't think Apple would want to do that as it would be seen as a step backward. Besides, a lot of people like the larger screens because "it shows more stuff" which would not be the case with your...
 This only affects Google apps and services. 3rd party developers still have to deal with fragmentation of APIs between Android versions (+hardware variations) which is the really important thing here when it comes to the app ecosystem. Ultimately raw market share numbers don't mean a thing for consumers. It only matters in the way it affects app and accessory support, for which iOS is still superior despite its smaller marketshare. Cheap crippled phones running old...
The iOS 7 redesign and new features are more than Siri by themselves. I don't understand why this doesn't count because it was announced in advance. iOS 7 will become public at the same time as the new iPhones.
 Did I say that the Note 3's screen size is copying Apple? No I didn't. Don't put words in my mouth that I haven't said. There was no particular reason for them to choose 5.7" over 5.6" or 5.8", I'm just saying that it's a strange coincidence that they've chosen a size which is exactly half the size of the iPad mini screen. I'm not accusing them of anything, I'm just having fun speculating.
If Apple made a phablet, I bet it would be 5.7" with a resolution of 1536x1024 (half a retina iPad mini).   By some weird coincidence, Samsung's Galaxy Note 3 sports a 5.7" screen, exactly half the size of the iPad mini screen, even though it has a completely different display technology and resolution. But of course, Samsung would never spy on Apple to know what product they're working on.
  The recently released videos with the 5C scratch test show a caliper measurement of 8.98mm. Of course this may be a fake case, but these are not FCC marked (FCC marked are the fake ones I think).   The only way I could see Apple wanting to put a bigger battery in the 5C is to match the 5S battery life which may be improved because of the A7, which the 5C won't have.   Maybe putting a slightly bigger battery in the 5C could compensate for it using the A6, which could be...
  The iPhone 4/4S didn't seem to need EMF shielding on the back, like you wrote : Where's the aluminum in the iPhone 4?   The metal in the back must certainly help at least a little with the structural strength.    If the iPhone 4 had the smallest components of the iPhone 5 it could've been presumably thinner than the 5C.   Anyway it's just speculation, my original point was that the choice of plastic + the aluminum reenforcement (or shielding if you believe so) made it...